Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

I'm aware you may not be able to say, for a variety of reasons (publisher's rules, Steam being inconsistent, etc, etc.):

But could you specify roughly when the DLC is going to release/unlock?
May 30th is a bank holiday in the Netherlands, and it would be a proper shame if Breaking Ground releases on 2 AM... May 31st, but technically still the 30th because it's still the 30th in the United States! Haha! Technicalities!

Get my orbital drift?

34 minutes ago, Melfice said:

I'm aware you may not be able to say, for a variety of reasons (publisher's rules, Steam being inconsistent, etc, etc.):

May 30th is a bank holiday in the Netherlands, and it would be a proper shame if Breaking Ground releases on 2 AM... May 31st, but technically still the 30th because it's still the 30th in the United States! Haha! Technicalities!

Get my orbital drift?

Here in the UK they usually drop in the evening, historically usually late enough that I generally wait until the next day before downloading, as I wouldn't have time to play much anyway.  Mind you, I do avoid the busy servers that way :D

Mexico is 6 hours behind us, so I guess 7 behind you.  Even if they release it when they get to the office in the morning (9am?) that will be 4pm for you.  If we are lucky we may get to play a little that night.

53 minutes ago, Melfice said:

6 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Mexico is 6 hours behind us, so I guess 7 behind you.  Even if they release it when they get to the office in the morning (9am?) that will be 4pm for you.  If we are lucky we may get to play a little that night.

IIRC I bought Making History on Steam on my phone during the day and then it was available on my computer that night, and I'm in the Eastern Time US (Squad time +1 hour). This matches what you're saying. Hopefully this will be similar, and hopefully it'll rain all weekend :D

21 hours ago, Terwin said:

That may be a hard sell, as apparently only a small fraction of players ever land anywhere further than Minmus.

Yeah, it could also be in a futuristic/speculative dlc, like set in the near future with larger ships and other solar systems.

21 hours ago, Terwin said:

That may be a hard sell, as apparently only a small fraction of players ever land anywhere further than Minmus.

Having all these surface features everywhere is probably also meant to entice players out of Kerbin's SoI. Of course, it would be nice to have some tools to make that easier *cough@TriggerAu'sTWPcough* I know it's not perfect, but it gets me into the ballpark...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

this DLC seems legit, but I'm getting Stormworks this month. Sorry. Anyway, this DLC looks more like a mod that combines Infernal Robotics and Surface Experiment Pack. I don't really see the point of buying the DLC when you already have mods that can in a way recreate this DLC.

1 minute ago, fruitsbar said:

this DLC seems legit, but I'm getting Stormworks this month. Sorry. Anyway, this DLC looks more like a mod that combines Infernal Robotics and Surface Experiment Pack. I don't really see the point of buying the DLC when you already have mods that can in a way recreate this DLC.

SEP has been discontinued by the author (and it also was occasionally glitchy, with parts randomly exploding on the surface), and IR has always been glitchy because it isn't stock.

3 hours ago, MechBFP said:

SEP has been discontinued by the author (and it also was occasionally glitchy, with parts randomly exploding on the surface), and IR has always been glitchy because it isn't stock.

Still.... I prefer to get Stormworks, thanks

41 minutes ago, fruitsbar said:

Still.... I prefer to get Stormworks, thanks

I make these kinds of choices all the time as well and understand fully. No thing to purchase is going to appeal to everybody, and even those to whom it does appeal may have to either put off the purchase or forego it entirely.

I've had games in my Steam wishlist for years waiting for sales, and frequently when they do go on sale I think "Meh, I'd rather have this other thing."

9 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I've had games in my Steam wishlist for years waiting for sales, and frequently when they do go on sale I think "Meh, I'd rather have this other thing."

And then When I do purchase it, I hold off installing it, maybe cause I'm deep in another game, or I just don't want to waste the bandwidth (metered satellite connection, might as well live on a remote tropical island), and then when do get the time to play it, I'm just like "meh".   I probably have 50-60 games in steam, and routinely play a dozen of them.  Some I haven't ever installed.  But that's ten-ish years of using Steam, so there's some clutter in the attic 

But anyways, back on topic, I usually hold off downloading the latest KSP and DLC, as I want to finish out my previous save (I'm from the old school where you never imported previous saves, it never worked).  But this time, I'm psyched, I'll be downloading both the day it drops.

On 5/24/2019 at 8:22 PM, Terwin said:

So we should trash every planet beyond Minmus? Maybe put them in a shredder?

On 5/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, Melfice said:

Aside from the business holding registered there for tax dodging reasons, Squad has nothing to do with The Netherlands. If every complaint about the DLC not being free, there's mods for that, fix bugs only, the terrain modifiers look bad, etc were written on a 4×6" index card (10×15cm for our metric friends) it probably wouldn't even fit in their entire office (a post office box) they have there.

Anything Squad related is Mexico City, and that timezone is the one you should focus on.

I am so looking forward to the DLC. I was an early backer so I don;t need to buy it for myself... but I will to gift for some of my friends. I trust squad enough, especially since they spent the time before Christmas releasing bug-fixes and stability improvements, unlike some other game publishers. This kind of good behavior deserves to be applauded and rewarded. Plus I love KSP.

23 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

So we should trash every planet beyond Minmus? Maybe put them in a shredder?

I never said adding planets was a bad idea, just that the impact on sales of doing so is likely to be minimal, and as such it is unlikely that additional planetary bodies would be a profitable addition to the game.

Personally I think it would be nice to have a few more, but I recognize that this is unlikely to happen in stock.