Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

3 hours ago, Foxster said:

You can but they seem to be rather underpowered currently. 

I think I saw in a video someone mentioned Squad is working on adding a dedicated propeller part so we don't have to do it via rotor + lifting surfaces.

Seems like it would be a very quick thing to whip up compared to the rest of this DLC. I mean, it's just an atmospheric engine that uses electricity instead of liquid fuel, tuned for slower airspeeds.

Edited by Xavven

Why is the Breaking Ground DLC early access date. April 2013.

The game did not even come out of alpha until 14 December 2014.

what is the significant of this date? As I have had a few conversations with other fans of KSP that would consider any purchase of a product in Alpha or beta would be considered an Early adopter.

2 hours ago, sakuraslight said:

Why is the Breaking Ground DLC early access date. April 2013.

The game did not even come out of alpha until 14 December 2014.

what is the significant of this date? As I have had a few conversations with other fans of KSP that would consider any purchase of a product in Alpha or beta would be considered an Early adopter.

Because in March of 2013, people made some noises about an ambiguous wording in the license, Squad was generous and didn't fight it.  They even gave people until the end of the next month to buy the game under the "Yeah, we'll let you have any DLC we do end up creating, even though you know it's not what we meant" agreement.

It's not arbitrary.  It's not early adopters.  It's not a reward.  It's a peace offering to avoid a user uprising from six years ago.

Edit:
Sorry if the tone of this comes off wrong.  It's been explained many times, and I'm in the middle of cooking.

Edited by razark

In August 2014 I spent $27 on a game that I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours playing. An expansion of this scale, for $15 is nothing.

Anyone who wants to have a whinge about the pricing of this game needs to compare it to the pricing of literally every other game currently out there.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:55 AM, The Dunatian said:

Finished. Done. Never returning.

Need any more explanation?

Coming from someone I hold in such high regard, this is very disappointing news. Thanks for all you've done over the years!

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

Coming from someone I hold in such high regard, this is very disappointing news. Thanks for all you've done over the years! 

He "returned" 3 hours ago.  :wink:

6 hours ago, MechBFP said:

In another thread it is mentioned that 1PM EST is the release date. 

Squad on Twitter says, 1:00pm EST   10:00am PST

1 hour ago, klesh said:

He "returned" 3 hours ago.  :wink:

That's what I get for having to leave for work before having read the entire thread!

Thanks!

12 hours ago, fourfa said:

Looks a lot like the situation pre-DLC, where pure electric props (powered by reaction wheels) were fairly weak, but you can get some spindly contraptions in the air.  But jet turbines (powered by jets blowing on rotating parts) can make serious cargo craft that can carry tons of cargo anywhere on Kerbin.

Dont worry I made a helicopter with just reaction wheeled props, no jets. works just fine

5 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

No.........FOREVER

;-;

Just now, Dash8466 said:

Dont worry I made a helicopter with just reaction wheeled props, no jets. works just fine

ok, that reminded me of Airwolf from Hazard-ISh

2 minutes ago, _stilgar_ said:

so... 6 hours left? 

Also, fun fact: If you watch release video for Loud and Clear patch, it features rover arms and robotics... coincidence? 

lmao nana banana. that joke is horrible