Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

2 minutes ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Sure??

Yeah, they stated several times that the surface features (like ice volcanoes and stuff) that come with this update won't appear in old saves because of the potential to destroy surface bases you might have.   I wish there was an opt in for it, but currently there is not.

Are we there yet? ² :sticktongue:

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

Are we there yet? :)

34 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Kind of have to. The new features dont show up in old saves, and I mean the surface features.

So I already have my first hack to attempt!!! :D 

52 minutes ago, Shiva said:

So, how many are going to start a new game? I am.

I’ll probably start a test save to see how these surface features effect the career curve and mess around with some robots. There’s enough here I’ll probably have to give up the ghost on my 2 year 1.3 save and start afresh in a few weeks once USI and SSPXr and KAC update (and maybe trajectories or mechjeb? I just really need me my aerobrake predictions. Oh and SCANsat probs too unless 1.8 has any biome scanning surprises.)

Edited by Pthigrivi

8 hours ago, JAFO said:

Coming from someone I hold in such high regard, this is very disappointing news. Thanks for all you've done over the years! 

It should be made known that I have a most impetuous personality. Unfortunately I often speak before I think, which inevitably causes me embarrassment at a later time. It is unfortunate that whilst scrolling through the comments my imprudent comment was read by you. I had hoped that it had been forgotten. I am not leaving and I have since changed my mind about "Breaking Ground." It is the beginning of everything the community has requested for years. I was completely wrong to criticize it and must beg your forgiveness for my trying comments. ~ The Dunatian

On 5/6/2019 at 3:29 PM, SudAntares said:

I'm at 1.7 with Kerbol origins and some other planet mods,. I hope the dlc will not break these, otherwise I'm looking forward for this expansion. This kind of dlc is very a needed-one from my point of view. Thanks @SQUAD and T2.

As a Linux user I can run two parallel versions easily, my continuing KSPv1.7 saves unaffected, but I hear that might not be so easy with Windows. Maybe there will be things in an old save that can't be carried over. I have hand-edited the occasional save, but this could be too complicated for my abilities.

We're the people, actively using mods, who can find ways of coping. But the package in the Store has to be for more ordinary users too.

1 minute ago, Wolf Baginski said:

As a Linux user I can run two parallel versions easily, my continuing KSPv1.7 saves unaffected, but I hear that might not be so easy with Windows.

You can just have two separate installs of the game on Windows. Easy-peasy.

3 minutes ago, rextable said:

Does anyone have any idea what time today peeps in the UK can expect Breaking Ground to drop? I'm getting board of constantly refreshing my Steam store page ^_^

10am PST which is 18:00 BST, 17:00 UTC

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

UK should be at 20:00 me thinks. You can add 10 hours to 10:00pm PST

I am active on a site that times everything in the Pacific timezone. Gets a little odd when the clocks change on different weekends, and it would be different for somebody in a southern hemisphere country that uses a Summer Time shift. And it seems we plan to put the calendar back, not the clocks...

2 hours ago, Nigel J. Cardozo said:

Sure??

One of the YouTube reviewers for Breaking Ground suggested it's possible to edit the save file to add surface features, but you would then have to check and see how ruined your surface stuff is. I think it may be a case of adding a random number into one field in the save file. (edit: and then hope for the best!)

Edited by Long Finger

9 minutes ago, Long Finger said:

One of the YouTube reviewers for Breaking Ground suggested it's possible to edit the save file to add surface features, but you would then have to check and see how ruined your surface stuff is. I think it may be a case of adding a random number into one field in the save file. (edit: and then hope for the best!)

In my career I do have one base on minmus. But that poor thing is soo ugly, that I wouldn't mind if it will be torn apart by some ice creame scoop