Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

1 minute ago, nestor said:

Done!

Thanks.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I checked the KSPedia, but the instructions are pretty scant on how to use these rotors, and some of the screenshots seems to be in Italian.   I put some flaps on mine to act as rotor blades and they're freaking out.

Well, my helo flies on duna too!

I'm not getting much over 20 m/s, so I'm going to go for an altitude test.

Bah... its only climbing at 3 m/s, 1500 meters so far

Edited by KerikBalm

1 minute ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm sorry that's impossible we were told the parts could not make helicopters.

Sorry, I made them liars.... but I need a lot of optimizing to get this thing to travel faster.

On the plus side, its easy to fly.

Just landed it on duna, its super easy

15 minutes ago, klesh said:

Are there any stock craft that use any of these parts?   I'm having a difficult time figuring out how any of this works.

KSPedia has a nice update and how-to for robotics. Doesn`t look that difficult. :)

3 minutes ago, Mikki said:

KSPedia has a nice update and how-to for robotics. Doesn`t look that difficult. :)

I must be really unintelligent then.  I looked at the KSPedia, and it really didnt help me.  I struggled to even figure out how to turn the rotor on; there seems to be no instructions anywhere.

What am I doing wrong here?  This should be as basic as it gets.  When I get this rotor going, everything spins including the rover part bottom.

Spoiler

E92IJo0.png

2 minutes ago, klesh said:

I must be really unintelligent then.  I looked at the KSPedia, and it really didnt help me.  I struggled to even figure out how to turn the rotor on; there seems to be no instructions anywhere.

What am I doing wrong here?  This should be as basic as it gets.  When I get this rotor going, everything spins including the rover part bottom.

Hide contents

E92IJo0.png

You'll need a second rotor to counter the torque of the first one

Oh lord what did I do?

1 minute ago, Dash8466 said:

You'll need a second rotor to counter the torque of the first one

I don't see a counter rotor on KerikBalm's?  I guess thats why he has so many SAS modules on it?

6 minutes ago, klesh said:

When I get this rotor going, everything spins including the rover part bottom.

Conservation of angular momentum. If you don't want the other part of the craft to spin, add another propeller going the other direction.

1 minute ago, klesh said:

I don't see a counter rotor on KerikBalm's?  I guess thats why he has so many SAS modules on it?

There are two, they're just mounted one atop the other. Presumably with some tricky clipping.

1 minute ago, klesh said:

Look up why a helicopter has a tail rotor. Same concept here. 

Crap load of reaction wheels will probably also work lol. 

So I tried this one and it explodes on the runway as soon as I launch the flight?  Shakes itself to Oblivion before I even press a button.  :/

I feel oh so noobish here.

Spoiler

0qIltXg.png

In this video, I just spawn the craft and don't press any buttons or turn anything on.

Edited by klesh
added a video to spoiler.

Was hyped, first thing I tried was a contraption with a lander can on a servo. IVA view does not move with the can's window - disappointed :(

EDIT: to be exact up/down & left/right works, just the rotation doesn't

1oUbEFo.jpg

Edited by marce
addition

1 minute ago, marce said:

Was hyped, first thing I tried was a contraption with a lander can on a servo. IVA view does not move with the can's window - disappointed :(

1oUbEFo.jpg

Make a video, put it on YouTube, submit a bug report. They did say it should work. 

5 minutes ago, marce said:

The IVA camera inside the lander can... what happens if you look out of the window from inside?