Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

28 minutes ago, klesh said:

You mean launch clamps? I'll try it.  Stay tuned.

Edit:  Putting it on a launch clamp sees the main rotor spinning at 130rpm with the motor disengaged.  Its a Kraken drive, I guess.  I have both the tail rotor and the main rotor set to turn on when I press Custom 1, and I can do that, and they'll spin at their preferred, set RPM.  When I turn off the engine I get kraken drive on the main rotor.

I'm also supremely confused about the next thing I am trying to accomplish.  Standby for that too; totally different craft.  :(

Can you try something like this? How are you attaching one Elevon to another? That may be the issue. Maybe try wing connectors or the FAT-455.

4EWdpS8.png

Just now, Stone Blue said:

Nope... this is on a fresh, stock 1.7.1 install...

Just thought of something, and did a fresh unpackage of 1.7.1...
Now it works...
The only difference is, i had deleted the Launcher.exe and LauncherData folder... (I always do in a new install) ...
so, it seems the broken Launcher is needed vOv ... unless they recently actually fixed it... vOv

Well, congrats! That's a good one for the bug tracker.

18 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

I'm having a similar problem with this prop plane I threw together. It won't go down the runway with any speed, so if I crank up the power and or RPM, the blades just fly off and destroy everything.

Your props are hitting the ground once you increase torque/RPMs, try moving them to the center of the rotor or moving the rotor up

Early results from Grand Slam Passive Seismometer...

gkXSJ5K.png

I uncoupled and flew the little craft at the top of the lander. Went up a few km and then reversed course and piled into the ground near my Minmus base.  

Got a reading at the top of the screen to say...

NgbU5UK.png

So, it looks like impact energy (mass x speed?) and distance to seismometer affects how much science is generated.  

This needs so much more documentation, guys.  4 still slides in the KSPedia is not going to cut it.  I cant even figure out the damn hinges on a totally different design.  I am this close to refunding.  ugh

7 hours ago, The Dunatian said:

I ... must beg your forgiveness for my trying comments. ~ The Dunatian

Nothing to forgive, mate.. very happy that you're sticking around! :D

11 minutes ago, klesh said:

This needs so much more documentation, guys.  4 still slides in the KSPedia is not going to cut it.  I cant even figure out the damn hinges on a totally different design.  I am this close to refunding.  ugh

You got this mate, it’s just like playing KSP for the first time. Enjoy the chaos. ;)

1 hour ago, KerikBalm said:

No tricky clipping.

I have 1 "standard" rotor, on top of 1 tiny rotor- The tiniest rotor is set to freely spin (not motorized), preventing torque from being transmitted to the main craft.

That's genius! I feel like it would have been months or years before I came up with that on my own.

8 minutes ago, klesh said:

Nope, I'm done.  Refund requested.

I'm refunding on KSP as a whole! Still can't reach orbit - after 3 hours!
How am I supposed to land on Jool like this?

Edited by Delay

1 minute ago, Delay said:

I'm refunding on KSP as a whole! Still can't reach orbit - after 3 hours!
How am I supposed to land on Jool like this?

Sarcasm?

12 minutes ago, klesh said:

I'm having these issues too, but there are a lot of things to tweak, so I am sure I have missed some bits. Considering how many times I have crashed and burned in the 1000+ hours I have put into this, this is small potatoes.  When things stop working, just put it down and do something else. That applies to KSP--or trumpet playing or coding or really most things in life.

Edited by Klapaucius

5 minutes ago, klesh said:

Don't give up.

How hard could it be.

And in whorst case, tomorow youtube will be full of videos about KSP robotics.

50 minutes ago, ArrrThePirate said:

Your props are hitting the ground once you increase torque/RPMs, try moving them to the center of the rotor or moving the rotor up

I don't think they are. It's a weird angle to look at, but they are actually reasonably high off the ground, unless they are flying out a bit due to tangental acceleration. 

Just now, Klapaucius said:

I don't think they are. It's a weird angle to look at, but they are actually reasonably high off the ground, unless they are flying out a bit due to tangental acceleration. 

Ya they are. Parts under high rotation fly apart like that in KSP. 

It might look concerning but it is (generally) safe. 

Just now, Klapaucius said:

They do separate quite a bit

0Fh028p.png

hCcikWW.png

now that i have both of Making history and Breaking ground. i'm going to make the d̵͓̭͇̙͕̿̿̋̿͂̇̾͗̎̎̂̀̀̍͐̓̕͜͝e̵̢͙̬͈̙̭̮̼͓̣͉̾̌̈̽̋̃̓͆̍͛ͅa̵̻͇̹͉̳͖̱̫̜̰͉͕̙̠̻̾̍̉̐̑̑̍̑͛́͒̇̿͠͠ṱ̴̛̛̥̳̥̦̈́̀̃̾̎̐̊̈͒̀̒͂̒̇̿͘ẖ̷̒̃̅̎̕̚  training kerbal to space machine.

3OBKmXT.jpg