Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

QdnnliX.png

Aside from being insane this actually works kinda well. The "wheel" compresses as it goes over obstacles, kinda like a tyre.  It also is a wheel, unlike the regular "wheels" so will continue to work if the rover was flipped upside down. Finally, I might be able to build something like the cars from Rollcage! This is terrible prototype, but I think there is potential here.

here's a vid of it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EB3HBPUbnwvhorF1Ld3ZtrAtgByxZtu0/view?usp=sharing
(sorry for the bad quality, my net is so terrible I can't upload anything large)

7 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

Sorry for the random quote. Anybody posting on mobile will understand.

I built a helicopter and is even worked though I had to throttle manually with the PAWs and couldn't steer. I opened the controller window and fiddled a bit, got nowhere, and had to stop due to RL having to take priority.

I gotta tell you, the worst part about being an adult is all the adulting you have to do...

Finally found a surface feature on Kerbin...

mmqC6Kj.png

Was in the Mountains biome west of the KSC. Pretty rare. Had to fly around for 30 mins to find.

I think they are also to be found on Kerbin on the grasslands (tree?) and the highlands (?). Off to look for those now. 

Update: Now found Boabab trees on Grasslands and Highlands. Each biome gave 18 science with the large arm. Took a long time to find again, about 30 mins, so pretty rare on Kerbin. 

SDkiICX.png

Edited by Foxster

Just now, josselin2196 said:

seen that kerbal joint reinforcement mod can't work with robotic part. Expect patch for it later, never succeed to prevent my space station to go kraken without this mod.

Space stations going Kraken can often be caused by having too many SAS units on the station. Also going nuts with autostruts can cause issues; strut with care!

8 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

@MechBFP

@razark

I saw it on the steam page for the dlc..below wgere it mentions the early buyers get for free..bpah blah

Okay...?

EDIT: I had no clue why you tagged me with no context. See HebaruSan’s reply below though as it basically echos what mine would have been. 

Edited by MechBFP

4 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

I saw it on the steam page for the dlc..below wgere it mentions the early buyers get for free..bpah blah

This DLC is focused on planetary features. Lacking a quote/citation, it's far more likely that you misunderstood what you were reading than that SQUAD made the first announcement of their next DLC as a casual aside in the product description of the preceding DLC.

13 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

This DLC is focused on planetary features. Lacking a quote/citation, it's far more likely that you misunderstood what you were reading than that SQUAD made the first announcement of their next DLC as a casual aside in the product description of the preceding DLC.

Coulda sworn I saw it somewhere..now i cant find it of course...could have easily been edited outmaybe ..but what ou say is very possible still. Ill try and find it later tonight. I thought it was weird they would mention something like that along with a dlc launch.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

There are good reasons why it is limited. They can’t just “increase the power” mate. 

Well it should replace stock props, most of the early ones can even outperform the new engines.

40 minutes ago, Dash8466 said:

Well it should replace stock props, most of the early ones can even outperform the new engines.

It's almost as if the rotors were not intended to make propellers.

5 minutes ago, Jebediah Kerman Jr. said:

Will this ever come to console?

No, cos God hates consoles and all the little children wot play on them. 

Or...one day, about a year from now. 

You know what's missing from the deployable science bits?

Seemingly random writing on them, like 070 097 114 116, that you get on the other parts that are like mini easter eggs.