Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

12 hours ago, Foxster said:

Finally found a surface feature on Kerbin...

Was in the Mountains biome west of the KSC. Pretty rare. Had to fly around for 30 mins to find.

I think they are also to be found on Kerbin on the grasslands (tree?) and the highlands (?). Off to look for those now. 

Update: Now found Boabab trees on Grasslands and Highlands. Each biome gave 18 science with the large arm. Took a long time to find again, about 30 mins, so pretty rare on Kerbin. 

Nice find on those crystals, did not find anything except Baobab trees, flying search patterns for over 6 hours now >.<

But I just love this expansion, a whole game just opened up for me extremly, later I might try out building helicopters, and after that I have a date with Eve for a new type of a mission.

Big kudos to Squad!

Can the hinges be locked straight from the VAB so they're locked upon load up. I keep loading up the vessel and have to use an action group to lock the hinges cause it's a falcon 9 style landing leg system and the legs fly around without the lock on mainly because I forget to turn it on. If I could lock it from the VAB it would be much easier

On 5/30/2019 at 9:29 PM, Klapaucius said:

Awesome stuff. Leave it to me to find a bug already!

In the SPH if I try to change the blade pitch with the rotation tool, half my blades disappear. That was a 4-bladed prop.

b2UZ9Tz.png

Looks like the symmetry bug from Making History is still alive and kicking, or at least I started getting that bug when I installed MH and it has gotten worse with Breaking Ground.

This happend to me like 10 times in the past 2 hours.... it's driving me nuts!

Spoiler

Symmetry mirror mode.

njkjOiT.png

QNtXDmV.png

cmMT1CM.png

We need a update, and we need it now!

19 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Do we actually need clouds?

Yea they look nice and I think a few KSP devs have it but they're not neccesary. Kerbin looks just as nice without them (though Eve is a different story)

When I try to place a deployable experiment, the game acts as if I am trying to move the experiment from one inventory to another. It doesn't show the object in position and the options menu that is supposed to appear. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

All the information about the Breaking Ground DLC talks about how placing experiments is a feature, but none of the articles or videos I could find explained how you were supposed to do it.

zFOFWoy.png

11 minutes ago, RedDwarfIV said:

When I try to place a deployable experiment, the game acts as if I am trying to move the experiment from one inventory to another. It doesn't show the object in position and the options menu that is supposed to appear. Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

All the information about the Breaking Ground DLC talks about how placing experiments is a feature, but none of the articles or videos I could find explained how you were supposed to do it.

With the backpack inventory open and something in it you will see a little white icon in the bottom right corner of the item. Click that and the item will appear for placement. Hit space to place. 

1 minute ago, Foxster said:

With the backpack inventory open and something in it you will see a little white icon in the bottom right corner of the item. Click that and the item will appear for placement. Hit space to place. 

Thanks, that... kind of works. The symbol is tiny, has an even smaller hitbox for recognising when my mouse is over it, and only changes colour very slightly to show when my mouse is in the right place.

You've been helpful, but whoever designed the interface definitely wasn't. It wasn't at all obvious that the deployment symbol was a button rather than just a notification of readiness to deploy.

4 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Do we actually need clouds?

Off topic I know, but as you asked...

Yes, I think so.  Because...

1. They look nice. 

2.  How a game looks visually can have a big impact on how it appeals to many people.  Because clouds do look nice the game as a whole looks prettier and more 'polished', which could encourage potential new players to take a second look.  We all know how awesome it is without clouds, but many who haven't plated it don't.

3.  Many existing players do seem to think they would be an important addition considering how popular the mods that add them seem to be.

4.  Clouds can have a significant effect on gameplay.  Even if all they do is exist and look pretty, they can still obscure the view of the ground and make finding your landing sight harder.  Try hitting an island on laythe from orbit when you can't see clearly where they are.

2 hours ago, pandaman said:

Off topic I know, but as you asked...

Yes, I think so.  Because...

Another reason is they serve as a convenient altitude marker for both launch and re-entry. I use the more lightweight visual mods and they serve as a satisfying visual improvement, even at their lower resolutions. IMO the planets are an important part of the cast and any improvements to them really add a lot to the game. Glad to see some more points of interest in this DLC in this regard.

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

12 hours ago, JERONIMO said:

wdym? like new cam. positions? or what

A enhanced IVA where you can get out of seat and roam around the internals go out airlocks etc and interact with buttons and switches and props. Something new and meaningful instead of part revamps. if you search the forums for "enhanced IVA" a modder was trying to make it happen but without access to source code i guess he gave up. i believe there is a youtube video as well in the thread

Edited by Redneck

51 minutes ago, Titandesdieu said:

Do you know if this extension is compatible with existing save and mod from 1.7 or will I need to redownload my mods

thanks

Alright, as i understand you ask will you need to redownload mods to open your ave files with the extension, if they do the same.

anyway, if you want your crafts with mods, probably unless you want to rebuild lot's of parts.

Yes the save file will work, but the crafts will miss all parts that have mods.