Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

Okay... i feel like here is something going on. Like when you`re about to take a deep breath before a huge storm unleashes.

Or Kerbal apocalypse on the KSP Forum. Stormshelter, anyone? :D

qyZDqLm.gif

Are we there yet?

Edited by Mikki
typo

22 hours ago, Terwin said:

I never said adding planets was a bad idea, just that the impact on sales of doing so is likely to be minimal, and as such it is unlikely that additional planetary bodies would be a profitable addition to the game.

Personally I think it would be nice to have a few more, but I recognize that this is unlikely to happen in stock.

Highly detailed terrain on the Mun, Minmus and add a few Gilly sized rocks in Kerbin system that are also detailed. The main thing that I hate about going to Duna is the time sink.  Hrm.. Mod idea..

On 5/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, Poodmund said:

For the robotic parts, with all due respect, I hope the GUI is much more akin to the Infernal Robotics implementation and much less like the UI for the USI Konstruction PAL parts.

Shadowzone has just put out a preview video.   The UI for the robotic parts is nothing like I expected.  It looks like a multitrack audio or video editor sorta.  

uPwQqW7.jpg

Edited by klesh

On 5/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, krone12 said:

It's not worth even for 5$.

your right, its worth $14.99, infact its worth more, it could be an entire new game, but no, they are giving us it for $14.99, cause you can't afford it does not mean you can't save money for it.

Edited by OrbiterAirFields
Can't, not can.

On 5/26/2019 at 6:22 AM, 5thHorseman said:

Me too I'm hoping it has transfer and mission planning tools.

This. I find that the transfer window planer has become a must have for me at least, along with trajectories and decoupled shrouds. Can't play without them anymore.

I'm really pumped for the new robotics parts! I guess the hype train will derail from a kraken summon. 

My only fearwith the DLC is low res terrain + fancy surface features => jarring look.

Edited by Muetdhiver

Just now, Dash8466 said:

Or we could just stack some motors on top of each other

Gonna need a lot of electricity for that - solar won't cut it. Will need the big fuel cells. 

Just now, Dash8466 said:

Or we could just stack some motors on top of each other

That might work up to a point, but the mass would increase with every motor you added, eventually becoming too much for the motors’ combined power to bear.

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

That might work up to a point, but the mass would increase with every motor you added, eventually becoming too much for the motors’ combined power to bear.

maybe... we'll just have to see. gonna be an exciting day tomorrow

17 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

When the train is propelled 30 meters in the air upon scene load?

;)

:)

14 hours ago, MaxPeck said:

There's a mod for that...

True, but there should no be need for such mod in the first place ;).
Just saying ...

2 hours ago, Dash8466 said:

Im sure we could find a way to make them more powerful

Looks a lot like the situation pre-DLC, where pure electric props (powered by reaction wheels) were fairly weak, but you can get some spindly contraptions in the air.  But jet turbines (powered by jets blowing on rotating parts) can make serious cargo craft that can carry tons of cargo anywhere on Kerbin.