Kerbal Space Program DLC: “Breaking Gound” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

11 minutes ago, schwank said:

When exactly does this release, midnight or what? Trying to figure out if I'm going to be up all night playing it or if I have to wait until tomorrow :sticktongue:

No one knows. Probably around noon Mexico time would be my guess. 

The new surface features like the large trees near the KSC that can be scanned with the science arm thingy...

These seem to be be randomly generated over the whole surface of the planet rather than just a few per planet like anomalies. A bit like rarer scatters but with collision. So rovers really will be the best thing to find them than, say, a planet hopper or aircraft?

6 minutes ago, Foxster said:

The new surface features like the large trees near the KSC that can be scanned with the science arm thingy...

These seem to be be randomly generated over the whole surface of the planet rather than just a few per planet like anomalies. A bit like rarer scatters but with collision. So rovers really will be the best thing to find them than, say, a planet hopper or aircraft? 

The couple of preview videos I've seen so far mentioned nothing about scanning for them from orbit.

4 minutes ago, klesh said:

The couple of preview videos I've seen so far mentioned nothing about scanning for them from orbit.

Yea, I don't think they are like anomalies. As I said, a bit more like rarer scatters.  

I've got to say, I feel like the Val cryovolcanos are laughably small.  Maybe there are some jumbos out there that have yet to be shown, but again today we've seen this as an example of the Cryovolcano:

Spoiler

JcClpYa.png

When you compare it to the size they've made a new tree on Kerbin, it just seems underwhelming.  I'd want that volcano to be like 3-4x bigger at the very least:

Spoiler

icdCVsx.jpg

:(  Sigh....

Evidently what is meant by the May 30th release date is some timezone in North America. Where I am it is currently May 30th and no DLC available...

To be honest, that is probably a good thing as I need to go to work in half an hour...

3 hours ago, klesh said:

Boooo.. I do hope this changes soon. Really we should have some better scanning tools even in vanilla. 

3 hours ago, klesh said:

I've got to say, I feel like the Val cryovolcanos are laughably small.  Maybe there are some jumbos out there that have yet to be shown, but again today we've seen this as an example of the Cryovolcano:

Me too. Maybe there's some reason why they can't be but I'd love to see a few of those things bigger. 

I just checked the main website again (I never migrated my purchase to Steam) and there's still no download for the DLC. Any luck for Steam users though?

Edit: I just noticed I lived in a time zone thats waaaay ahead. It's well into the 30th here, but in Mexico it's barely evening of the 29th. I'm such a derp.

Edited by Levelord

16 minutes ago, Foxster said:

It is being released at 1pm EST = 5pm GMT = 6pm BST (current UK time).

Is that official? 

Or just a guess based on the last few releases?  Although it would be around where my guess would be too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.