KSP Loading... Preview: Breaking Ground - NEW SUIT!

St4rdust

Do the veterans not get their own unique EVA suit? I know it’s a minor gripe, but I was under the impression the vets would finally would look different compared to non-vets on EVA. 

3 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Do the veterans not get their own unique EVA suit? I know it’s a minor gripe, but I was under the impression the vets would finally would look different compared to non-vets on EVA. 

Logic is still the same. Everyone gets the same EVA color. 

@nestor Do I interpret your comment correctly that two of the new suits are IVA only? And everyone is identical on EVA? That seems like a huge waste of effort for those of us that rarely use IVA. Isn't this the second suit redesign in the last year? Rather that redesigning suits every 6 months, how about adding the ability to remove the parachute pack while landed, in vacuum, or at least landed in a vacuum. Nothing looks more stupid that wandering around Minmus' surface with a parachute strapped to your back..

32 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

@nestor Do I interpret your comment correctly that two of the new suits are IVA only?

Expect the same behavior as the Making History suits. There are several things we would like to do regarding suits in the future, just waiting in the backlog for some bandwidth. 

These remind me of the SpaceX iva suits. Out of curiosity will we ever be able to remove the parachute on the suits? Its odd having Kerbals EVAing in space while still wearing the parachute.

Edited by Sky The Heck
Adding a question

6 minutes ago, nestor said:

The camera has no functionality at the moment. 

Cool.  Is there an intention later (like the 1.1 update? :kiss: ) because I'd really like a non wobbly 3rd person view.  What I mean by that is the 1st person with mods currently wobbles as the kerbal walks or runs.  Having the camera view that does wobble (steady cam) but was a wide field of view so that you can really do things using the right mouse click, or even better have a pop up HUD that shows avaialble right click commands as you get near something.  

Peace.

10 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Cool.  Is there an intention later (like the 1.1 update? :kiss: ) because I'd really like a non wobbly 3rd person view.  What I mean by that is the 1st person with mods currently wobbles as the kerbal walks or runs.  Having the camera view that does wobble (steady cam) but was a wide field of view so that you can really do things using the right mouse click, or even better have a pop up HUD that shows avaialble right click commands as you get near something.  

Peace.

First person EVA would be pretty sweet. Perhaps a novelty at the start, but with the right interface it could be so much more. 

17 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Peace.

6 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

First person EVA would be pretty sweet. Perhaps a novelty at the start, but with the right interface it could be so much more. 

I meant to say no wobble 1st person eva.

Sorry.  Peace.

I love it!Its so modern and will fit perfectly in every enviroment!

I am also gonna ride the train of please give us the choice to remove/hide parachutes to enjoy at full this cool suit!

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.