F-104C Starfighter Replica *FULL STOCK*

This craft is a full stock 1:1 replica of the F-104C Starfighter. Intended to be simple replica to serve as my introduction into the world of fighter craft replica's. Instead it became one of my highest part count fighter craft and by far my most accurate replica in general. With 660 parts it's a hefty 40 tonnes, however due to how it was designed it still has decent enough aerodynamics that a bit of engine clipping has allowed it to achieve the required performance. It is able to reach mach 2.6, which is much faster than the F-104 actually ever flew at, although the F-104 possessed the power and aerodynamics to achieve such speeds, however parts like the cockpit limited its speed as it was never designed to take such strain.

• It has a rotation speed of 60 m/s
  • A stall speed of 40 m/s
  • Its maneuverability...Well, it won't exactly be flying under any bridges

All pretty much what you would expect from an F-104, so not a big loss.

On the development side, this craft came to together slowly but smoothly. I spent just as much time in the blueprints as did actually building it, the result was that I really had to redo or adjust many sections. This style of building is one I have been employing for a while, but this craft shows the fruits of that labor more than any other.

MxSaQg0.jpg
g76p8wD.jpg
I6tCpwQ.jpg
gHfOZKE.jpg
VLKb6YB.png

BIG THANKS TO PHANTOM AEROSPACE!

Fellow builders have been suggesting that I build a fighter replica for quite some time now, although I always refused. That is until @Phantomic suggested that I start off simple to ease my way into it, specifically the F-104. I just want to give him a huge thanks for encouraging me to build this, as it was one of the most fun replicas I have done in a long time.
Please check out his craft, he makes a variety of craft from really detailed trucks and other vehicle replicas, to really sexy and practical stockprop fighter craft.
https://kerbalx.com/PhantomAerospace
Also you should download his own F-104C replica, it's excellently done and quite practical, plus all of that for exactly 1/10 the part count of mine, you can't beat it!
https://kerbalx.com/PhantomAerospace/F-104C

Download Link: https://kerbalx.com/Kronus_Aerospace/Kronus-F-104C-Starfighter

Im no longer active in game, but i had to write here because i have an idea on how much time you spended in the blueprint part, to get all the proportions right. I think a replica could be considered perfect when you don't know what to do to improve it more, and this craft does that for me.

Congratulations! 

P.s what kind of program do you use to get the perfect craft profile photo like in the blueprint overlay? 

15 hours ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Intended to be simple replica to serve as my introduction into the world of fighter craft replica's. Instead it became one of my highest part count fighter craft and by far my most accurate replica in general.

A lot of your builds seem to go this way.

In any case, looks great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.