KSP 1.7.x solar panel changes

I'm having some issues updating my mods for 1.7.x. Were there any changes made to ModuleDeployableSolarPanel? My panels no longer sun track. They have worked from 0.23.5 to 1.6.1 with no issues. Now they deploy just fine and as long as they are facing the sun they create power, but they refuse to sun track anymore.

EDIT: I checked the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel class as well as both of it's dependent classes from 1.6.1 and 1.7 and they are all identical to eachother, so that is not the issue...I don't even know what could have been changed in that case.

EDIT2: I'm asking this in regards to changes that need to be made to the models, as there appears to be an issue with prefabs in unity and how it's interacting with the part modules now.

Edited by raidernick

Which parts in particular?
Or just all of them in the solar panels pack?

Aside: This is a config question re: stock PartModules rather than a modelling and texturing issue, better chance of getting the right attention and assistance in the general modding help section.

Edited by cakepie

32 minutes ago, cakepie said:

Aside: This is a config question re: stock PartModules rather than a modelling and texturing issue, better chance of getting the right attention and assistance in the general modding help section.

This is absolutely NOT a config question....The problem is 100% due to the models and how the blender prefabs are interacting with unity.

13 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

Hello @raidernick.

I have moved your thread to Add-on discussions. 

Why was this moved, this is a question specifically about changes required to the models because of how they are interacting in unity due to the changes to the core game classes...

Edited by raidernick

7 minutes ago, raidernick said:

Why was this moved, this is a question specifically about changes required to the models because of how they are interacting in unity due to the changes to the core game classes...

I apologise. Junior moderator error.

This edit was not in OP when I suggested that this should be a config issue:

4 hours ago, raidernick said:

EDIT2: I'm asking this in regards to changes that need to be made to the models, as there appears to be an issue with prefabs in unity and how it's interacting with the part modules now. 

Solar panel tracking is in KSP code, not Unity, and to get it working properly with part model is achieved through the part's config file, which is why that is the natural place to start trying to solve the problem.

@raidernick can you maybe elaborate why you've concluded that this is a thing between blender export / unity import? I don't believe there has been a change in unity version being used between KSP 1.6.x to 1.7.x so could it be something on your end in terms of how you are exporting your model?

Also you didn't answer: re which specific parts this are affected or is it just outright everything.

Edit: Solar panels pack v1.6 is working out of box on KSP 1.7. You'll need to be more specific about what your problem is; these existing models seem to be working fine

https://i.imgur.com/m4P3sJL.png

3 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Hello @raidernick.

I have moved your thread to Add-on discussions. 

@James Kerman I meant "General Mod Development Help and Support", not the end-user support or discussion section. No wonder OP got miffed.

Edited by cakepie
tried the solar panels pack, seems to be working fine

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.