[1.12.0] Ж-20 "Moroz" Spaceplane

Well

3 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Oh a halfway between the Dynasoar and ESA Hermes space shuttle. Neat.

Err, I don't think that this is intended to be halfway between them! 

Though, you could use it like a Hermes, I suppose. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, Stratickus said:

Any plans to add CKAN support? I only ask because Kraken Science is supported.

For anyone interested:

@PART[X20*]:AFTER[X-20-Moroz]
{
	@title ^= :X20:Ж-20:
}

Cheers,

I've never made CKAN support. All version you could find on CKAN is not send by me

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@WellAny interest in modeling abort motors as described earlier in the thread? Having surface-attachable ones and an inline motor that would fit in the interstage adaptor would be incredible. Alternately, just a hollow adaptor into which we could fit our own solids would also be excellent.

Edited by nepphhh

4 hours ago, nepphhh said:

@WellAny interest in modeling abort motors as described earlier in the thread? Having surface-attachable ones and an inline motor that would fit in the interstage adaptor would be incredible. Alternately, just a hollow adaptor into which we could fit our own solids would also be excellent.

I was trying to come up with something similar. Currently the plan is to just clip parts into the adapter parts.

@Well I'm having a blast with the X-20:

t0x1GBr.png

FHjT6QY.png

nLzBbZD.png

lsF6NbQ.png

Glad you resurrected the plane! I was wondering if you had any plans to expand upon the parts. For instance, the parts could be expanded to make the X-37:

1*iWSxpzA8vm8fe9x5kNY9lg.jpeg

I think it would also be helpful to have a half-sized cargo bay and half-sized crew cabin, and maybe a mini lab module that flares out from 1.875m to 2.5m.

fetch.php?w=500&tok=99745c&media=timelin

If you're too busy these days or have no such plans, I totally get it. These are just ideas. Thanks again! :)

On 5/19/2019 at 2:24 PM, Zorg said:

Fans of the X-20 can't ignore the Kolyma's Shadow alternate history timeline:

fetch.php?cache=&media=timelines:minerva-2.png

https://www.alternatehistory.com/wiki/doku.php?id=timelines:kolyma_vehicles

I tweakscaled down BDB LDC Titan parts to 2.5m and used restock Rockomax Jumbo tweakscaled to 1.5m for the boosters (unscaled Jumbo could also be used for the core). BDB also has the E1 engines needed for this.

r3324QVh.png

hBQqe28h.png

BVYUuOmh.png

DEaLfCUh.png

For the Kolymas shadow style extended service module, the Universal Storage 2 1.875m to 2.5m fairing is a great fit for the X20 adapter that gives lots of options for extra life support and mission endurance while keeping the payload bay free. If you care about such things, you can keep the core of the US2 module a crew transfer tunnel as well so that the docking port makes sense.

ciQhzVjh.jpg

fetch.php?cache=&media=timelines:chas-dyn_3a.png

BVNRWkMh.png

RHuZbgKh.png

I just want to express my appreciation for how completely dope this post is.

(And yes, I'm a KS fan! It may be the worst space timeline, but I love it anyway!)

10 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Well I'm having a blast with the X-20:

Glad you resurrected the plane! I was wondering if you had any plans to expand upon the parts. For instance, the parts could be expanded to make the X-37:

1*iWSxpzA8vm8fe9x5kNY9lg.jpeg

I think it would also be helpful to have a half-sized cargo bay and half-sized crew cabin, and maybe a mini lab module that flares out from 1.875m to 2.5m.

Many thanks, sorry i don't have any plan for more part, i'm actually out of modding, i could actually love to have 1 h to play KSP, i don't have play KSP since ~2 month

I recommand you the MK-X made by @benjee10 

With X-20 Moroz wing, you have an interesting spaceplane :

screenshot0.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

Is there a roadmap of planned features?

On 1/26/2020 at 2:23 AM, Well said:

Many thanks, sorry i don't have any plan for more part, i'm actually out of modding

I think the implication is that the mod is considered complete and won't be added to anymore, although it does look like Well is continuing to keep it up to date, which is nice.

On 5/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Zorg said:

Fans of the X-20 can't ignore the Kolyma's Shadow alternate history timeline:

BVNRWkMh.png

Awesome work! I tried to build the Chasovoy station in 6.4x ages ago back when the thread was still going, unfortunately my computer at that time couldn't handle KSP and kept crashing while I was testing the vehicles. Very cool to finally see it done.

16 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

never ask this.  IVA's are hard to make with little reward.

There is a completed Dynasoar IVA that is part of a mod from 1.3. Link included below. It was released under creative commons. Your models are better than that mod but the IVAs are top of the line. I don't know how to integrate IVAs and what the challenges are. If it is not to much trouble could you, or another modder look at it and give me some advice, I'll integrate it I just don't have a clue how.

https://spacedock.info/mod/1164/Dyna-Soar %26 SIV Space Station. LonesomeRobots Aerospace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 6:26 AM, Shantaboy said:

There is a completed Dynasoar IVA that is part of a mod from 1.3. Link included below. It was released under creative commons. Your models are better than that mod but the IVAs are top of the line. I don't know how to integrate IVAs and what the challenges are. If it is not to much trouble could you, or another modder look at it and give me some advice, I'll integrate it I just don't have a clue how.

If the two mod are installed, you can use module manager to replace iva with lonesomeRobots version.

It's look like this:

//Simple IVA patch

@PART[X20CrewCabin]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name = DYNA_INTERIOR
    }
}

"X20CrewCabin" is the name of the part we want to apply the patch. The Internal section if the IVA configuration we want to change. "DYNA_INTERIOR"  is the name of the iva we want to apply.

Save this code in a .cfg file anywhere in gamedata folder. (IVA_Patch.cfg for example). Make sure you have both mod installed. However since IVA has not be made originally for this part. It can have some glitch with windows.

I use this technique to use old IVA of habtech 1 since habtech 2 has not yet IVA.

As always since it's user modification, modder has no responsibility for mod malfunction ( life of kopernicus forum, poor moderator...). The advantage of modulemanager is, if the patch is defective, you just have to delete the patch for a clean mod.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, josselin2196 said:

If the two mod are installed, you can use module manager to replace iva with lonesomeRobots version.

It's look like this:

//Simple IVA patch

@PART[X20CrewCabin]
{
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name = DYNA_INTERIOR
    }
}

"X20CrewCabin" is the name of the part we want to apply the patch. The Internal section if the IVA configuration we want to change. "DYNA_INTERIOR"  is the name of the iva we want to apply.

Save this code in a .cfg file anywhere in gamedata folder. (IVA_Patch.cfg for example). Make sure you have both mod installed. However since IVA has not be made originally for this part. It can have some glitch with windows.

I use this technique to use old IVA of habtech 1 since habtech 2 has not yet IVA.

As always since it's user modification, modder has no responsibility for mod malfunction ( life of kopernicus forum, poor moderator...). The advantage of modulemanager is, if the patch is defective, you just have to delete the patch for a clean mod.

Wow thank you so much for taking the time to help me, this is really thorough. Gonna test it out right away!