Ascent profile from non-ecuatorial launch pad

Hi all,

I tried to google this but nothing came up! So, I´m using Galileo´s Planet pack and I´m struggling to find out how to compensate for the launch complex not being in the equator.

I have no problem matching the orbital plane with Ceti during ascent, but I can´t figure out how to do the same with Iota! And it is driving me mad... so much delta-v lost to changing the orbital plane after circularization!

I reckon is the same issue as launching from KSC in RSS so... anybody care to explain how to launch to a 0º inclination orbit from a non-equatorial launch pad to this poor soul?

Thanks a lot

50 minutes ago, scdr91 said:

Hi all,

I tried to google this but nothing came up! So, I´m using Galileo´s Planet pack and I´m struggling to find out how to compensate for the launch complex not being in the equator.

I have no problem matching the orbital plane with Ceti during ascent, but I can´t figure out how to do the same with Iota! And it is driving me mad... so much delta-v lost to changing the orbital plane after circularization!

I reckon is the same issue as launching from KSC in RSS so... anybody care to explain how to launch to a 0º inclination orbit from a non-equatorial launch pad to this poor soul?

Thanks a lot

You cant launch to an inclination that is less than your latitude. You have to do a plane change.

You launch when your launchpad is exactly on the orbit of your destination, provided that situation ever happens. If it never does (because your target inclination is less than your latitude) then you have to do a plane change. If a plane change is required then you minimize it by launching suborbital to a really high ap, and then doing a plane change at the Ap, and then raising your Pe above the atmosphere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.