Hello..

Selective Genius

Hello Selective Genius and welcome to the KSP Forum!

KSP is mostly a learning game.  If you like to learn, you can get as good as you want.  We have a very active and helpful community to help you learn.

Happy landings!

In my opinion there are as many ways to play as there are members of the forum. It really depend on what your goals are and, to a lesser extent, the game mode you prefer.

SSTO's are quite easy to build (The term means a single stage that gets you into orbit without decoupling anything). Space planes however are an arcane art that I still haven't mastered in thousands of hours of play but there are many masters on the forum that will be happy assist if that is your interest.

The best way to play is the way that gives you the most enjoyment, which is a rather individual metric. Some people just tool around on the surface with overland trains and submarines, while others reach for the stars (which requires mods...)

And others like myself try to land on and return from every body in the stock system, and the craft i use are rather odd-looking sometimes...

Welcome to Kerbin!