Landing on mod planets!

fruitsbar

Jebediah Kerman opens the hatch as he enters this strange, alien land. He looked above and saw massive rings going round the planet, and not so far away from these rings, the sun shining from a far distance.
unknown.png?width=1121&height=631
And how did you feel when you first landed on a new planet from a mod? Let me know below!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, KerikBalm said:

Back when I first made Rald, and had it orbiting kerbin at Keosynchronous orbit:

Hide contents

tyLPdtO.png

JF0HYts.png

zurTPgn.png

XhzLpBV.png

With the blue sky, it felt oddly like home, but oddly alien... an uncanny valley

@KerikBalm I miss Rald. I seriously loved your planet mate. Hoping you will have something for Breaking Ground era. I've noticed that other planet makers add their own interpretations of the ground scatter. Interested to see how you implement something like that for Rald.

@Sandstorm I will do an update for 1.7.2 or 1.7.3, whenever kopernicus updates.

I'm already playing with modding in surface features... My plan is just to reuse ones from breaking ground, but if you know of other mods adding entirely new ones, can you point me in that direction?

@KerikBalm I truly can't wait. Your planet looks awesome. I'm using the current version on my 1.7.1 game in the "distant moon" configuration. This is the first time I will be playing it in career. Just waiting for strategia to give me The Rald Program after I finish with the current Mun Program.

22 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

I'm already playing with modding in surface features... My plan is just to reuse ones from breaking ground, but if you know of other mods adding entirely new ones, can you point me in that direction?

I'm not too familiar with other planet packs except for OPM and GEP and to my knowledge none of them have any surface features, I sadly cannot help.

Every time I use a planet/system mod, I always feel extreme gratitude to whoever made it for giving me something new to look at and new problems to solve to get there.  After 6 years, the stock system no longer holds my interest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.