A.P.U.S. Aerospace Passenger and Utility System

NESD

8 minutes ago, Tangle said:

Your mileage may vary. For me, waterfall's plumes run worse than stock's if they're complex, esp if you're looking right at them.

While I agree with spaceface, we should not have an argument here about the merits of WF vs. RP. 

I have had too many of those recently. 

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

20 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

we should not have an argument here about the merits of WF vs. RP. 

I didn't even bother with RP Plumes, so what does that tell you? If I read things right they just work for srb's using stock plumes. WF doesn't  handle dirty srb plumes well yet. RP was made with older tools and is really good for what it is. All I'll say about performance is WF scales better then  RP, Nerta has the numbers to back that up. More complex plumes may in fact run worse. But being that complex isn't even possible with RP, so no one does it. 

16 minutes ago, NippyFlippers said:

I love your content. Is there a remote possibilty that you'd make some more open cockpits and floats/pontoons for amphibious planes and flying boats?

Probably not as this is a spaceplane mod but check out airplane plus. It has old school radial engines and old school cockpits.

2 hours ago, NESD said:

@NippyFlippers  New cockpits - possibly, I have one idea

Floats - only if KSP team change water behavior, now it`s like sticky jelly,

high engine aircraft that you show will flip over nose, if it try to land on adequate speed

You can get floatplanes and flying boats to work. I built some old timey planes using your parts which can take off and land on water:

There are well working, low drag float parts in the SXT contiuned mod. But they are are only of one size and shape and thus of limited applicability.

These LF-01 parts from the SXT Continued modpack are the ones  in question:

OdcGPhC.png

Edited by NippyFlippers

42 minutes ago, NippyFlippers said:

You can get floatplanes and flying boats to work. I built some old timey planes using your parts which can take off and land on water: Snip

Your barking up the wrong tree my friend. This is a space plane mod. NESD's cockpit mod is another thread, and as you've pointed out, and been shown. There are many options for what you ask in mods with better context for the parts. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello! Wanted to say that I gave your mod a try, and it's a masterwork. Out of all spaceplane mods that I've tried, this one has the best balance between modularity and recreation.  Well, almost everything I have tried was wingless, so I didn't go for actual recreation of anything except Kliper, but lots of inspired designs look just wonderful. Modular RCS system  is one of the most clever things there, usong it with creative liberties allows to make any docking systems with ease.  It works nice in 1.12.2 (game crashed once but I believe it was due to me going in and out of VAB and SPH trying to cram the most use into chosen overall shape), the only really lacking feature is absence of inventory, but it's, uh, it's just less stock behavior in my opinion, because the mod itself has enough cargo bays to just place stock storage. Hope this will help you focus on the features that you would be more pleasured to implement once you get to it!

Ah, yes. One question: is it intentional that Mk2F-2.5m adapter has only white tiles bottom variant?

Edited by nothingSpecial

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@NESD Do you plan to return to this mod any time soon? I've a few suggestions if you do: Firstly some adapters to 1.875m or 1.25m sizes, and a shorter nosecone for the  'Swift' cockpit, maybe with built-in RCS? Another possibility could be an engine based on the RD-701 that would've been used on the MAKS spaceplane. It doesn't have to be tripropellant but it could be interesting to see.

• 2 weeks later...

@The Dressian Exploder  APUS already in work . . .  RE-work . . . because I'm lost some working files and now truing to cleanup and restart some parts

current projects is -

qKb6cb5.jpg

Modular nacelle (ex Apus RCS) will be released standalone, with more functions and KSP`s Rcs switcher,

Klipper rework:   Wing module, Tail flap and changed main body with upper modules

(also possibly can be released standalone, because all its parts only for Klipper project and less suitable for shuttles),

All other Apus parts still awaiting cleaning an gathering to new files

Blunt nose with RCS and bigger engines not in current work list, but you can check

my Internal RCS mod and Nertea`s Near Future and Restock projects

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, NESD said:

@The Dressian Exploder  APUS already in work . . .  RE-work . . . because I'm lost some working files and now truing to cleanup and restart some parts

current projects is -

qKb6cb5.jpg

Modular nacelle (ex Apus RCS) will be released standalone, with more functions and KSP`s Rcs switcher,

Klipper rework:   Wing module, Tail flap and changed main body with upper modules

(also possibly can be released standalone, because all its parts only for Klipper project and less suitable for shuttles),

All other Apus parts still awaiting cleaning an gathering to new files

Blunt nose with RCS and bigger engines not in current work list, but you can check

my Internal RCS mod and Nertea`s Near Future and Restock projects

i really like it!

• 3 months later...

@NESD, really great work on this mod.

Not sure if the community is having issues with 1.12.3, but if everything is pretty much stable, would you consider to flag it as up to date with the latest KSP version ?

Or maybe you got something in the pipe already ? like new features ? :D

Edited by Demcrew

On 7/1/2022 at 5:49 PM, Demcrew said:

Or maybe you got something in the pipe already ? like new features ?

Unfortunately, this mod still on very long and bumpy road ;.;

even aircraft wings , tail and belly cargo bay, that was planned to release

more than year ago, still not ready

Some parts like RCS nacelle and Klipper slowly moving to re-release,

but I can`t say same thing about others

"Something new" is only about other projects

updates, bugfixes, something promised but not done yet,

some things that lay on my harddrive for years

and parts that I made for my own gameplay,

too many work, but no time to do

Thanks for your honesty here. Appreciated!

A.P.U.S. is a really good mod, it deserve just some attention. But hey,  the only thing I hope is that you're able to make it on your prefered projects and get them achieved the way you like.

Take it easy! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hii~ First, excelent work with the parts, all of them are amazing, i love this mod. im actually using and i love how the ships looks like. but i have a little bug? all the parts made for passengers (except cockpits) dont let me do the missions of tourism in career mode. if you have to take some kerbals to the moon, and you place them in the passengers parts, its like you are doing nothing, the missions doesnt want to complete. 

https://ibb.co/8gTG6SC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.