engine not turning off on command

one of my recent craft testing had a engine not throttling down. the booster was attached, and all of controls failed. i let the engine burn out it's fuel. has anybody had this problem, because my crew in my space station are homesick. i do not have pictures. it was a rhino engine

The kerbals also need more solar panels, and none of my ssto's can reach the station. jeb is on the station

Edited by slav_king

2 hours ago, Geonovast said:

This is literally impossible to diagnose without screenshots or a craft file.

Unless he is using a solid fuel booster, which by his description, was acting exactly as intended.

But yes, some screen shots would help, ( I don't think we're at log files just yet on this one ;) )

Moving to Tech support. 

4 hours ago, slav_king said:

one of my recent craft testing had a engine not throttling down. the booster was attached, and all of controls failed. i let the engine burn out it's fuel. has anybody had this problem, because my crew in my space station are homesick. i do not have pictures. 

The kerbals also need more solar panels, and none of my ssto's can reach the station. jeb is on the station

My first thought was no radio control, thus unable to control the vessel.

But then... Jeb is on board. But perhaps in the hitchhiker, and not in a command module? But as @Geonovast mentioned, without pictures or additional information it’s hard to diagnose, and it usually turns into a game of “1,000 guesses and a tiny sliver of information with each ‘that’s not it’ response”

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

But then... Jeb is on board. But perhaps in the hitchhiker, and not in a command module?

But he says Jeb is on the station, I took it to mean the ship was unmanned.   Loss of communication is a viable option here too, but I'm assuming a lack of antennas not power, as the ship was supposedly sending up more solar panels. 

Somebody ping me when get more info, I can then move it to GP Q's or leave it here depending on the issue.  :)

actually, the bug is with the the small rc 1.25 probe. the way to do most payloads now is to launch crew to a space station and then deploy the satellite.  

Edited by slav_king

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.