[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] RetroFuture Modernized

On 5/21/2019 at 1:37 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

[snip] which will change most of thendark textures toma stock-alike color. [/snip]

I THINK this line needs a few less letters and a few more spaces.

I also think, based on astute observations of the gibberish I sometimes type myself after getting my nails done, that @linuxgurugamer  is either fabulously gay... or needs to trim the nail on his right thumb.

... or is a girl, like me. But there's no girls on the Internet so... not an option.

5 hours ago, Atlessa said:

I THINK this line needs a few less letters and a few more spaces.

I also think, based on astute observations of the gibberish I sometimes type myself after getting my nails done, that @linuxgurugamer  is either fabulously gay... or needs to trim the nail on his right thumb.

... or is a girl, like me. But there's no girls on the Internet so... not an option.

LOL, you missed an option:

Was made using Voice Recognition on a mobile phone while walking the dog 

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

LOL, you missed an option:

Was made using Voice Recognition on a mobile phone while walking the dog 

That doesn't explain why you hit n and m instead of the spacebar, though... just like I always do when I got my nails on.

New release, 0.2.1

• Fixed following parts:
    • 1mBicouplerSmall: 2x 0.625m Adapter
    • Fixed the Pulse Jet (was in wrong category and incomplete at that)
    • Fixed some typos in two fuel tanks
  • Thanks to @SuicidalInsanity for the following fixes:
    • MedAdapter now has a collider,
    • pod now has fixed airlock/ladders and emissive anim. 
    • Also edited their .cfgs slightly
      • the adapter no longer needs the 0.6 scale inside the MODEL node
      • model was resized during recompile
      • pod has its AnimateGeneric lights anim replaced with the newer ModuleColorChanger.
  • Texture switching has been added
  • Added texture switching using the stock variant method, now the    default
  • Optional, added texture switching using B9PartSwitch, selectable using Patch Manager

5 hours ago, renesi said:

Kerbin, we have a problem. Parts that must move are not moving. What I did wrong? 

Reveal hidden contents

a5da3005524af7d38e2b83f768eb8445-full.jp

Picture doesn't help, please provide a log file.  I don't even know which part you are using.

Make sure you have the FirespitterCore installed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Picture doesn't help, please provide a log file.  I don't even know which part you are using.

Make sure you have the FirespitterCore installed

Yes, there were no Firespitter plugin. Thank you! 

3 hours ago, Violet_Scarelli said:

I'm having some trouble with the VTOL engines. How does one make them both turn the same way on a spaceplane? When I try to mirror them, one turns forward and the other turns back.

How are you mirroring them?

On 6/13/2019 at 6:16 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

How are you mirroring them?

Likely tried in both Radial and Mirror symmetry mode. can also confirm that even when placed on both sides separately, the one engine still points the wrong way when in VTOL mode.

On 6/21/2019 at 3:42 PM, smb64 said:

Likely tried in both Radial and Mirror symmetry mode. can also confirm that even when placed on both sides separately, the one engine still points the wrong way when in VTOL mode.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm getting. to get them both to turn the same way, I have to flip one around with the rotate tool, and then pull it out of the surface of the vehicle. 

20 hours ago, Violet_Scarelli said:

Yeah, that's the problem I'm getting. to get them both to turn the same way, I have to flip one around with the rotate tool, and then pull it out of the surface of the vehicle. 

What are you attaching them to? The hull or (mirrored) wings? Node-attach or surface-attach?
If you attach something with clear front/back/left/right/up/down differences (science parts are quite unique) in the same manner, does this part get properly placed or is it also flipped?

On 6/26/2019 at 6:09 PM, Jognt said:

What are you attaching them to? The hull or (mirrored) wings? Node-attach or surface-attach?
If you attach something with clear front/back/left/right/up/down differences (science parts are quite unique) in the same manner, does this part get properly placed or is it also flipped?

I'm sticking the engines directly to the surface of a RetroFuture fuel tank, and I'm not sure about the other parts.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/14/2019 at 3:48 AM, avalancha said:

Just a quick hint, you could update the big black text in the OP here in the thread, it still advertises 1.6 and 1.7 compatibility only

Would have been nice if you tagged me, I just saw this.

And it's done, thanks

9 hours ago, HB Stratos said:

Is there a tweakscale patch for this mod? And are there stockalike texture that don't have heat shield plating on the bottom?

No TS patch comes with this mod.

You can either use the PatchManager to enable a patch for the StockTextures, or use the B9 Part switcher to use the stock textures

I am already using the stock variant switcher, but I dislike most of the given 'stock' textures since they have a space shuttle style heat shield which makes no sence for prop aircraft. I was wondering if there are any variations for the textures that remove this heat shield.

On 4/19/2020 at 7:02 AM, HB Stratos said:

I am already using the stock variant switcher, but I dislike most of the given 'stock' textures since they have a space shuttle style heat shield which makes no sence for prop aircraft. I was wondering if there are any variations for the textures that remove this heat shield.

Nope.  Keep in mind that these are high performance parts, and will tend to heat up, which is why I suspect it was made this way.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm having the same issue another user had a while ago with the VTOL engines, that is them not mirroring in mirror symmetry mode. Tried fiddling with the symmetry in various ways, and they are DEFINITELY attached to a main fuselage part (I stripped the wings and other surface parts off to check temporarily). Am I missing something, or was this just never fixed? Checking Github shows no mention of this getting sorted, so I've mentally sidelined CKAN shenanigans and leaning towards the "This got forgotten" conclusion. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.