[1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] RetroFuture Modernized

User @amankd picked up this mod a while ago, and did some updates, but seems to have left the scene, original thread here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/127736-retrofuture-11312/

It's here! Finally retrofuture space plane parts is available!

FTaE1Rm.png

Dependency

This is still a work in progress.  I've gotten it updated to the best of my ability, but will rely on reports from the users (ie: you) for anything which might need to be fixed or updated, either a bug or for balancing

The areas that need focus are:

• Node Attachment (I think I got them all, but can't be sure)
  • Buoyancy
  • Heat
  • Aero

Review by Kottabos:

Part Variants have now been implemented for all parts.  However, there are two optional patches which would replace that with either B9PartSwitch or just a stock-alike textures

Install PatchManager to enable/disable it, available here:

Availability

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Couple of things so far(im digging the black beat up look btw)

-the vtol "kento" is lacking its vtol ability(no rclick menu or action group)

-the med retangular tank adapter; once attached to a node you cannot pick it back up off your craft

-the spoiler and airbrake parts lack a rclick menu for tweaking purposes

thats all ive seen so far, I just downloaded this, havnt tested any crafts in flight yet, except the vtol engine

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, it would be helpful if I could all the original files used to make the part

I used to have some of them, and nil2work did give me permission to reverse his parts in blender years ago. (how I made my fist propellers a while back).

1 hour ago, Eskandare said:

I used to have some of them, and nil2work did give me permission to reverse his parts in blender years ago. (how I made my fist propellers a while back).

That would be great.  Two parts have problems with the collidiers, the files would be extremely helpful

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That would be great.  Two parts have problems with the collidiers, the files would be extremely helpful

Let me know which ones you need and I can back the Mu's out into blend or OBJ for you.

56 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Let me know which ones you need and I can back the Mu's out into blend or OBJ for you.

The problem as I understand it is that the colliders need to be baked into the model.  I have someone looking at it who an expert, I was hoping to get the original files

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The problem as I understand it is that the colliders need to be baked into the model.  I have someone looking at it who an expert, I was hoping to get the original files

Colliders baked? Wouldn't that be only necessary if using blended mesh geometry?

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm only repeating what someone else, an experienced modder who makes (and has fixed) parts

Eh whatever, everyone does things a little differently. Personally I like simple colliders to keep processor usage low. Anyway I'll see if I can dig up those files, I think they're on one of my old drives. If not I can easily reverse them out of the *.mu and give them to you that way. Another thought, about the textures, maybe we can give stock texture switching a go?

On 6/3/2019 at 1:57 PM, Eskandare said:

Eh whatever, everyone does things a little differently. Personally I like simple colliders to keep processor usage low. Anyway I'll see if I can dig up those files, I think they're on one of my old drives. If not I can easily reverse them out of the *.mu and give them to you that way. Another thought, about the textures, maybe we can give stock texture switching a go?

Thanks, but no need for them anymore, they've been fixed, I'm testing now.

I'll think about the stock texture switching

On 6/3/2019 at 1:57 PM, Eskandare said:

I'm not sure that stock texture switching will work.  I"ve been working on a test, and it's not working, from the minimal documentation I can find, it only refers to one texture.

You can see what I did in this link where I asked for some help: 

18 hours ago, F00r_eyes said:

Does this work with 1.7.1?

This is only a parts mod, so you should be good.

There are two parts which are broken in the current release, I have them fixed and am just working on some texture issues, hope to release an update in a day or so

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.