Amazon web service Playing KSP

Hi I am Making KSP Run on AWS (Amazon web services) For Cents an Hour But I Need Some Help 

1. I need help turning off steam cloud Because there is a data out charge 

2. Is AMD CPUs Better Than Intel for KSP

3.I open Task Manger On my sever I have 8GB of ram and 4GB of the 8GB are used doing nothing will this run KSP with litte lag should I get 16GB 

9 hours ago, Miner 36 said:

I need help turning off steam cloud Because there is a data out charge 

Ok, this one is easy. Right click on KSP in your game library -> properties -> updates. There is a checkbox to enable/disable the cloud.

Is AMD CPUs Better Than Intel for KSP

As far as I know, the single thread performance is still the limiting factor for KSP and Intel usually get some better results there. On the other hand, your server probably provides 'just' a virtual machine for you and I don't know, if there is a difference at all in this case. It is a common procedure but I'm not familiar with AWS and depending on your subscription, you may actually get a "real" machine.

I open Task Manger On my sever I have 8GB of ram and 4GB of the 8GB are used doing nothing will this run KSP with litte lag should I get 16GB 

Honestly no idea, maybe someone with a similar ram usage can tell you some details but I have the gut feeling, that 16gb will be better. Stock KSP likes to take 4gb+ so some if there are just 4gb left of the 8gb, the system will make use of the paging file and probably slow down the system a bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.