How do you get the output log? YESIREADTHETHING

Yup, I did read the "how to get support" page, but unfortunately I'm about as tech-savvy as a giraffe with spectacles, so I'm afraid I couldn't understand all of it. So would somebody mind dumbing down how to find the output log, in some sort of step-by-step programme? Is it something that's there all the time, or does it only generate upon a game crash or similar major errors? Oh yes and I use a windows PC if that's important.

The output_log can be found here: Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) 

KSP_win is the game's root folder, where all the game files are kept.

12 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

The output_log can be found here: Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit) 

KSP_win is the game's root folder, where all the game files are kept.

Yeah m8 I read that bit, it's that which confuses me. I go to the kerbal space program files, then the ksp 64 data folder, and I can't find a single file within that looks anything like an output log. Thanks for the prompt response though.

@VelocityPolaris The path to the output log changed at some point after that support page was written. On a Windows 10 PC mine is located:

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

There is also the KSP.log file in the install directory of Kerbal Space Program. Depending on who wants the log, one or the other may be preferred.

@VelocityPolaris After version 1.4 Squad moved output_log.txt to the location @Tonka Crash stated. I recommend either typing it into the File Explorer address bar or making a shortcut to the folder so you can get it easier if you ever need to again. To answer the second part of your question, yes it is generated every time the game runs, but it is copied into the crash folder if KSP crashes as it is very helpful in figuring them out.

10 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@VelocityPolaris The path to the output log changed at some point after that support page was written. On a Windows 10 PC mine is located:

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

There is also the KSP.log file in the install directory of Kerbal Space Program. Depending on who wants the log, one or the other may be preferred.

9 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

@VelocityPolaris After version 1.4 Squad moved output_log.txt to the location @Tonka Crash stated. I recommend either typing it into the File Explorer address bar or making a shortcut to the folder so you can get it easier if you ever need to again. To answer the second part of your question, yes it is generated every time the game runs, but it is copied into the crash folder if KSP crashes as it is very helpful in figuring them out.

Hooray, I've found it, thank you all! I just had to go to windows file explorer search options and click "show hidden files", and the appdata folder was there, output log within! Now that this problem is solved, I'm freee, free to ask for more help with bugs! (also is that an overly sarcastic production in the profile there)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.