Need Duna worlds first contract

Fist off i will state that i am on console(xbox) just to try avoid the generic ,"theres a mod for that" answer.

So I have an annoying problem with my current career save.

Every other time I have played career ,when getting close to the first Duna transfer window the game has always given me a good selection of Duna world first contracts.

This time around I'm planning on sending a decent sized expedition, consisting of 6x different vessels currently in parking orbit awaiting transfer window.

The problem is the game is not giving me any worlds first exploration missions.

I currently have one for gaining science around and performing a fly by. And it is offering me random satellite and station contract for Duna and Ike. Just no world first.

So basically I'm looking for advice as to any particular reason why this might be or if anyone is aware of any kind of pattern to trigger the missions etc.

For example should i maybe cancel /complete the flyby mission then hope it gives me better ones?

I would really like to get some good missions to cover my launch costs as even with reusable first stages I'll be forking out just over 1million funds for this trip.

Any advice would be appreciated.

There's a random element to the offered contracts, as well as certain triggers for the game to begin offering certain ones.  Duna contracts are first offered when you reach the Mun or Minmus, I think, but so are Eve contracts, and if there's anything that you missed from the Mun and Minmus, those are mixed into the pool as well, for a time.  Eventually, I believe the contract offers expire and will not appear again, but I have not seen it enough in my own playthroughs to be confident about that.

Completing the capture will still give you World's First rewards; it just won't also complete a contract.  I don't know whether the Explore contracts are, for lack of a better term, formalised versions of the World's First rewards or doublings of those rewards, in the sense that doing the World's First in addition to the contract gives you extra over the World's First alone.

Completing the flyby mission will weigh the random number generator to favour more Duna contracts, but it seems a waste to do a flyby in one transfer window and then have to wait for two years to get the next one.  You may consider sending the first vessel in your flotilla on a faster transfer so that it arrives at Duna a few weeks early.  It can complete the flyby, and then you'll have opportunity to cycle through the contract generator to get the orbit/rendezvous/landing/docking contracts without also needing to manage the rest of the flotilla at the same time.

Another factor is the number of active missions you still have to complete; the game won't offer more missions than you have the capacity to do.  That may require upgrading Mission Control, and it may mean completing some outstanding missions.  I believe that there is a limit on the number of Explore missions that will be offered from the World's First Society; I don't recall what the limit is.  It may be two; the upper limits are there, I think, to keep the weighting system from overloading the generator and only offering a single type of contract.

Edited by Zhetaan

The game only gives you one world's first contract at a time. If you already have a "fly by" one available, you won't get another world's first contract offered until that one is gone/done.

1 hour ago, bewing said:

The game only gives you one world's first contract at a time.

If you are in the situation that you don't have any World First right now, try declining contracts until a World First shows up. That shouldn't take many attempts. You may also wait a few days until they expire on their own.

You can only have so many contracts at all, divided into one, two and three-star contracts. When a one-star contract expires/is cancelled/declined, the game will hand you another one-star contract. I'd recommend to actively make room in the segment where you want your new contract to pop up.

If you already have World First that you don't like, well, those can't be declined, can they? In that case the Cheat Menu is your only option. Though I've heard that this will forever taint your savegame on console.

Thanks for the great replies.

I do have a worlds first flyby and science from around Duna contract atm , and currently is the only mission I've got .

I had a feeling I would need to complete the flyby first, I've already made a contingency for this.

I'm going to decouple a small probe from one of my transfer stages just before circularising and will let it continue with the flyby.

Once I get to Duna I will have a long wait for the return window to Kerbin so I am hoping it gives me some contracts when I switch back to the ksc.

On 5/24/2019 at 2:44 PM, Mikenike said:

While I am an Xbox player, I havent gotten to the Mun in my 5 months of playing Ksp. I dont play enough career to tell you.

Don't worry dude I've been playing it for a few years now.(since original release on console)

This game has a steep learning curve. Especially if like me, you like to try figure things out yourself. Took me 2 weeks to get into orbit properly . 

But if your not as stubborn as me I would recommend watching some vids on you tube .

I am very hard headed and determined, so it hurts to say I havent even done much orbiting ( except for launching rockets that are overkill, and eventually they statr orbiting the sun).

Edited by Mikenike

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, mikey117 said:

I'm going to decouple a small probe from one of my transfer stages just before circularising and will let it continue with the flyby. 

You don't need to decouple anything, because as soon as you enter the Duna's SOI you will be in Duna fly by situation an at that point KSP evaluate it as fulfillment of Duna fly by contract and after capture burn sufficient just for first possible Orbit inside Duna SOI you will be in Duna orbit situation and therefore Orbit Duna achievement condition will be met.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.