Revenge of the floating ghost ball (FreeIVA bug)

Howdy, I've been struggling with a bug for a coupla days now. Playing on Windows 64 bit in 1.7 (with making history), I decided to do an ultraheavily modded game - I reckon a modlist is unimportant, though, as I have know which mod is causing me problems. See, while launching a craft, I found a small white sphere following nearby, one that looked much like it was from whack-a-kerbal (which was off). This sphere haunts every single craft I launch, and is especially annoying for spaceplanes, as another sphere gets pooted out by the jet engine every few seconds. This bug I eventually narrowed down to the FreeIVA mod, which gives you a toggle-able free-floating camera to explore the cabin of IVA mode.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

No Kerbals were harmed in the obtaining of these images.

Also, yes, I uninstalled all other mods and did successfully reproduce the bug running only FreeIVA (and the latest modulemanager, which it requires, and also making history).

Also, I dunno what it is or what it's for, but here's a copy of the output log, hopefully it works and stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/46y62sk6i5rzsml/output_log.txt/file

I did a little poking around, and someone else had encountered this problem on the FreeEVA forum page, but they posted their issue in March and still hadn't got a reply from the author, so that's a bit of a dead end.

I don't think there is much you can do about it without actually patching the mod itself and/or reporting it to the creator. There are no obvious exceptions or errors in the log but if you take a look at the readme:

Technical demo 4. Not for use in normal gameplay. Requires ModuleManager.

It kinda sounds some bugs are expected ;)

11 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

I don't think there is much you can do about it without actually patching the mod itself and/or reporting it to the creator. There are no obvious exceptions or errors in the log but if you take a look at the readme:

It kinda sounds some bugs are expected ;)

Yeaaaah fair enough

I was just kinda hoping that someone would coincidentally have ran into the exact same bug before.

2 minutes ago, VelocityPolaris said:

Makes sense, author just seems to be inactive.

Even with an inactive author, the others that use the mod might have an idea what's wrong. Personally, I've never even heard of this mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.