KSP Loading... Breaking Ground under the spotlight!

SQUAD

:) ♪♫ I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it ♪♫ :sticktongue:
:o ♪♫ I'm about to (lose) gain control and I think I like it ! ♪♫ :confused:
:sticktongue: ♪♫ I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it ♪♫ :sticktongue:
:o ♪♫ And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want you (Damn DLC) ♪♫ :confused:

It is such a disappointment that this is not coming to Xbox. I really wanted to play this. I just don't understand why you guys aren't working on this for console. You just keep progressing PC but not console. If you aren't working on console version then why did you put this game out for console? Or the making history dlc? What was the point. We just keep getting farther and farther behind PC. I truly hope you hire more people to work on console version.  If I had a PC I would play on it but I don't and I love this game. It just bums me out. I hope this changes and I wish I could get some information on what your plan is for console. Thanks.....

9 minutes ago, MajorFizz31 said:

It is such a disappointment that this is not coming to Xbox. I really wanted to play this. I just don't understand why you guys aren't working on this for console. You just keep progressing PC but not console. If you aren't working on console version then why did you put this game out for console? Or the making history dlc? What was the point. We just keep getting farther and farther behind PC. I truly hope you hire more people to work on console version.  If I had a PC I would play on it but I don't and I love this game. It just bums me out. I hope this changes and I wish I could get some information on what your plan is for console. Thanks.....

Squad doesn't work on the console version. That is outsourced to a company that offers that service, Blitworks. The way their current workflow is set up seems to be developing for the PC version, get any bugs they can ironed out, and then give it to Blitworks to integrate in the console version in the most true manner they can. They've said previously that because of the limitations of consoles, they have to make compromises and can't bring over 100% of everything. Nobody has said this isn't coming to Xbox. Just not on May 30th.

Gnargnhraaah! This is torture! Gimme NOW! ;.;

Even more robotic parts than I expected, And the more I learn about the new surface features, the more I want to explore them. This is lookin really nice. 

In all these years I have waited for a reason to go to Eeloo (yes, I´ve never been there). I think you´ve done it. In my next career game I´m visiting Eeloo.

And in addition to all of that, more action group functions... Wow. And, oh, yeah, a really good reason for lithobreaking. :D

This is gonna be glorious. Compliments to everybody at Squad.

5 minutes ago, MaianTrey said:

Squad doesn't work on the console version. That is outsourced to a company that offers that service, Blitworks. The way their current workflow is set up seems to be developing for the PC version, get any bugs they can ironed out, and then give it to Blitworks to integrate in the console version in the most true manner they can. They've said previously that because of the limitations of consoles, they have to make compromises and can't bring over 100% of everything. Nobody has said this isn't coming to Xbox. Just not on May 30th.

Do you think it will be another year?

4 minutes ago, MajorFizz31 said:

Do you think it will be another year?

I think it’ll depend on how buggy Breaking Ground is, and/or how long SQUAD takes to fix those bugs.

I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll be relatively stable and you console guys will get it faster than you got MH.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I think it’ll depend on how buggy Breaking Ground is, and/or how long SQUAD takes to fix those bugs.

I’m crossing my fingers that it’ll be relatively stable and you console guys will get it faster than you got MH.

I hope so too. Thanks for understanding. It's just a bummer. We'll see what happens I guess.

11 minutes ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

Are we going to have surface features on more than just tylo, vall, and duna?

From the main post:

These are items of scientific interest scattered across all celestial bodies

Edited by MechBFP

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

Looking like a decent, well rounded addition to the game so far. :D

Upon reading the article, I found this statement to be rather odd:

Surely giving the player the ability to make more complex designs and craft is a good thing... why would that be strange? Is there some deep-rooted animosity at SQUAD HQ towards large, complex vessels (apart from the performance hit)? :

Sorry for that - my attempt to add some humour didnt come across right. We of course we want more complex and crazy  and look forward to seeing what you all can come up with

1 hour ago, schwank said:

Holy crap that's awesome. My J class LEM is now totally obsolete! Lol. Run it while it's still cool 

https://kerbalx.com/schwank/J-Class-LEM

That's what they SHOULD have done: Have an experiment baseplate that you can attach existing science, resource, and comms parts to. The baseplate handles the distribution of resources and information. Likewise, an experiment head that you can stick on the end of a scanning arm that you build yourself with the robot parts. EDIT: Hopefully someone can mod that in.

All-in-one parts are bad design in a LEGO game. They don't have any gameplay depth, and thus no longevity. It mystified me 35 years ago when LEGO started going in that direction. Thank goodness for Janitor's Closet PermaPrune.

EVA portraits are an immersion-breaking hard "no" as well--I hope there's eventually a setting to turn them off (as well as the regular crew portraits).

Everything else about this DLC is great though.

Edited by FleshJeb

13 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Sorry for that - my attempt to add some humour didnt come across right. We of course we want more complex and crazy  and look forward to seeing what you all can come up with

No worries, I’m sure I wasn’t the only one laughing when I read that.

4 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Rotor

Not much to explain about the rotor, it will allow you to generate torque around its axis. Maybe you’ll build a spinning space station or ferris wheel with this, or any other rotational contraption you can think of.

Rotor?

I'm not usually one to point out scientific issue in KSP, but why is it called a rotor instead of motor?

As I understand it, a rotor is the rotational part of a motor (stator being the stationary part), but the entire assembly together is a motor.

Is there some other part/contraption I'm missing, which also has that name? Or does the part not work the way I think it does?

Space Engineers did the same thing, calling it a rotor when it's supposed to a motor/servo.

Edited by Phoenix84

25 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Ah, that's good to hear... I thought it was probably a 'lost-in-transcription' kind of thing.

EDIT: I think it's also because the official articles and press releases are super-dry in their discourse that the 'go-to' is to take statements at face value. 

Edited by Poodmund

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.