KSP Loading... Breaking Ground under the spotlight!

SQUAD

59 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

Its already been said, as in the catapult video, with the trebuchet (gravity, not motor powered) example, and so on.

All the motorized parts can also be set to freely rotate.

Yes, but is that only in the VAB or can it be switched on the fly?

Unless i am mistaken, we have either seen motorized parts, or free-pivoting parts. Not both on the same part during the same flight. 

Edited by MechBFP

The only thing I thought was a little odd was the that the deployed experiments have their own power and communications; is it possible to have them use a craft for power and communication relays? I feel it'd be rather silly to set up extraneous power and communication setups around an already established relay base (which already have very few uses for electrical power once landed).

That aside, everything else looks fantastic! Hopefully some of the larger surface features are still physics objects, so they can be grabbed and hauled into space! Could be fun to build advanced cargo missions to bring boulders from deep space to Kerbin :D

Hate me all you want, but no Mun launch base for PC, no buying this DLC.

Leaving content out of the PC version for whatever reason (woe to console users) is unacceptable from a pro consumer standpoint.

Do not encourage this behavior by giving Squad more money.

And no, saying we have mods to add something in that console players get is not an excuse/relevant.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, SessoSaidSo said:

Leaving content out of the PC version for whatever reason (woe to console users) is unacceptable from a pro consumer standpoint.

And no, saying we have mods to add something in that console players get is not an excuse/relevant.

Thanks!

Almost no one even wants the Mun base on the PC version. 

Place one on mun with the MH DLC

MH would be much better if you could use the mission builder to start a sandbox or career game

Instead its one off flights.

Anyway, if you've got a pc, thetes a mod for that, you may like this one:

You can move the entire KSC to Mun

12 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Almost no one even wants the Mun base on the PC version. 

Yeah I don’t need it. If we could disable it, fine, but its kind of against the spirit of the game. I like the Kerbin bases but stuff in space should be delivered by the player. 

21 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Yeah I don’t need it. If we could disable it, fine, but its kind of against the spirit of the game. I like the Kerbin bases but stuff in space should be delivered by the player. 

I would like bases in space. But I completely agree with you, the player needs to deliver or construct it.

44 minutes ago, SessoSaidSo said:

Thanks!

I don't have a console and don't follow the console version of this game, for that reason.

I take it you mean there is a Mun launch base in the console version of this game, like what some new bases are on Kerbin, which I haven't used either?

Yeah, that's not something I want either.

It's quite possible they used the console to test a feature, see how it would be received. Given the feedback (admittedly in this small sample size) seems pretty heavily leaning towards not wanting it, Squad probably decided that feature wasn't well received, and didn't pursue it further.

4 hours ago, Phoenix84 said:

I have to restrain myself from using the offset tool, as it can easily make craft that shouldn't exist.

I tend to use the offset tool to make craft that could exist, when the game puts things in odd places by default.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

I tend to use the offset tool to make craft that could exist, when the game puts things in odd places by default.

Yes, I suppose I should correct myself. I do use it, I just have to restrain myself from overusing it. :D

3 hours ago, SessoSaidSo said:

Thanks!

For lack of a Mun base?  Really?

your money, your choice.  But this DLC looks really excifing, I’m looking forward to it

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

For lack of a Mun base?  Really?

your money, your choice.  But this DLC looks really excifing, I’m looking forward to it

That was my thought, too. I guess one is entitled to protest for whatever personal reasons one has. Is it cutting your nose off to spite your face? It depends on what you're boycotting and how much the principle matters to you, I suppose. I actually do refuse to eat at certain restaurants because I disagree with how they spend their profits, even though their food is amazing. It would be hypocritical of me to shoot down someone who boycotts KSP.

As for me, and many others, I'm going to be enjoying the *&#(!@ out of this DLC. Six days to gooooOOOOooooo!!!

This DLC has been looking really great!

Now I won't be one of the first people to buy it, I almost always wait for a few days to see if any major bugs are reported.

But I don't see any reason other than that to not get it. The content shown off so far has looked amazing both in concept and practice! Looking forward to the release.

1 hour ago, Jestersage said:

So... how is the DLC RTG differ from the Vanilla RTG?

It's not attached to your spacecraft. It rides in the storage box and a Kerbal must deploy it (on the surface of a planet?) before it can be used to get power.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.