Is there a way to get KSP free legally or at least, really cheap?

On 5/24/2019 at 3:09 PM, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

Edit: I got KSP finally! My parents decided to give it to me after feeling sorry!

Thanks to everyone who supported me!!! 

Congratulations mate, may your KSP journey be as fun, educational and fulfilling as mine has been.

On 5/24/2019 at 3:09 AM, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

Edit: I got KSP finally! My parents decided to give it to me after feeling sorry!

Congratulations!

May your Kerbals never die!

My offer still stands, if your parents ever have questions, I’d be happy to chat with them, either online or offline

Great stuff; just caught up on the thread and sounds like you're from Oz, @Yeet_TheDinosaur.  No wonder - Aussies are all about outdoorsy stuff. Had a hell of a time as a kid Down Under myself, especially with parents who were definitely not into Tech.

It all worked out for me in the end - I'm now a programmer for a very very recognised global brand in the gaming industry. And I still game in my spare time too ;)

That said, do try to keep a bit of balance. In retrospect I should have gotten out into the sunshine a bit more back then as well.

Anway, hope you enjoy KSP as much as we all seem to, and that it gets you into the space industry which you mentioned you're keen on.  There's at least a couple of people here on the forum that used KSP as a stepping stone into that industry, so it's not an unrealistic dream!

Fly safe!

17 hours ago, Loskene said:

This whole thread is weird, and the more enthusiastic it gets about strangers going behind the parents' backs to buy the kid a game the weirder it gets. Step back for a moment and think, will ye? If the kid isn't old enough to buy his own games and the parents, for whatever reasons (which we, and the kid, are not privy to, assuming any of this is true), then exactly how acceptable do you think they'd find it if some strange bloke went over their head about it? It's not like it's even a particularly moving sob story or something, they just didn't get what they wanted for their birthday.

And that's just buying the thing. If my hypothetical child came along and said some random grown-ass man wants to talk to me to gush about a cartoony rocket simulator in the hopes I'd buy it for the child they don't know, my first response would probably not be particularly welcoming, to say the least. [emphasis own]

Kids beg for free stuff their parents won't buy them on the internet all the time. At no point has it ever been a good idea to indulge them, no matter how big a "favour" you think you're doing. The kid will be just fine without ksp for another week or two, mind yourselves.

First off, I'm glad Yeet got his copy of KSP from his parents. Congrats, buddy! I hope you stay on the forums and show us what you build.

Second, I don't know how many of you are parents on this forum. Not that your opinion isn't valid until you're a parent (I used to hate that condescending attitude from parents before I became one), but having a kid engaged a whole new level of protectiveness in my brain I never knew I had in me. I have a daughter. Loskene and Foxster pretty much nailed it here. If my daughter gets interested in something I'm unfamiliar with, I'm going to do my own research on it, and that is probably not going to include contacting a fan of that activity by phone, especially not one who offers to buy stuff for her. A personal conversation with a fan isn't going to tell me anything I can't find out in an internet search or YouTube video of said activity, and then I'm going to make my own decision over whether it's appropriate for my kid.

I'm going to try to paint some imagery for you to help illustrate my point. Imagine you're standing in line at a McDonalds and you have your (hypothetical or real) child with you. You're buying an unhealthy lunch for her as it is, and on top of a hamburger and fries, she begs you for a McDonalds ice cream. You say no to the ice cream. A man behind you in line says, "oh, you really should buy that ice cream for your daughter! It's some of the best ice cream I've ever had. I like it more than Dairy Queen and it's even less fattening! Here's my personal cell phone number -- you can call me any time to talk about the nutritional facts. Here, tell you what, I'll buy an ice cream for her!" What's your reaction gonna be? Because mine is "who are you and why the heck are you talking to me about my parenting decisions? And no, I will not let you buy her anything." and I'm going to get as far away as possible from this creepy dude.

On 5/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, Yeet_TheDinosaur said:

Great!!! Enjoy the game!!! 

28 minutes ago, MiscelanousItem said:

All is good that finishes good!

Hopefully.... :P