Kerbal Space Program: Breaking Ground Expansion - Official Gameplay Trailer

St4rdust

4 hours ago, Kergarin said:

The game becomes more and more complete :D

Now add  optional life support...

LOL.

Life support is optional in real life too.  Including on the ISS.  You just don't want to face the consequences if you don't have it.

Peace.

I will say that 1st thing in the robotics preview makes me so wanna build this:

latest?cb=20170910230044.png

Thats so gonna be a nightmare to build, and prolly even worse to make it actually walk straight...

latest?cb=20170910230035

So totally makes that spider like thing with teh rover body look bad...

Edited by panzer1b

7 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

ALL ABOARD!!!!

krgLFHE.png

Neat. 

Of course, the front one is the only one with a decent view.   The others all have their head between another's cheeks.

Edited by pandaman

Cool.

Couple of questions:

- In the video, it says 'embark on critical research missions'. Could you tell us what's 'critical' about them?

- What actual new gameplay features are implemented in exploration and performing science, or is it still a click fest with moving around a bit more and waiting a bit more?

- Are there any new kerbal animations, for example for collecting surface samples? I'm a bit confused since it seems there was a scene cut in the video just before the kerbal was about to collect a rock, but the flag planting animation which we all know about was fully shown at the end.

Edited by Yakuzi

3 hours ago, Yakuzi said:

Could you tell us what's 'critical' about them?

Critical to the PR team.  That's probably about it.

What actual new gameplay features are implemented in exploration and performing science, or is it still a click fest with moving around a bit more and waiting a bit more?

You now have to travel to rocks to click while near those rocks.

Are there any new kerbal animations, for example for collecting surface samples?

I really doubt it despite...

MYrw6Rj.gif

...Squad already having the animation in their portfolio.  ...or maybe whoever made those animations had the same deal Porkjet had, and now, for some reason, Squad can't use them in the game.

The expansion looks great! I really wish you guys would say whether or not we have a planet revamp coming out soon though.

I feel like it was hinted at in one of the previous daily threads, but the trailer showing the beautiful high poly, new models on those planet textures is just ridiculously jarring.

Edited by Jalaris

I'd like to ask this, based on my experience with your last Expansion.   For parts that come in multiple sizes which are scaled versions of one another, such as these robotic parts, will they have different masses and costs?

8 hours ago, _stilgar_ said:

It can be build using a mix of hinges and pistons. 

Benefits of having the part:

1. It would keep part count low.
2. Having a dedicated part will do exactly what you want.
3. Having a single block to do exactly what you need would be simpler with a lot less configuring.
4. It would be convenient to place down one block rather than build a big contraption.

1 hour ago, Daka said:

Benefits of having the part:

1. It would keep part count low.
2. Having a dedicated part will do exactly what you want.
3. Having a single block to do exactly what you need would be simpler with a lot less configuring.
4. It would be convenient to place down one block rather than build a big contraption.

Have you seen the custom KSP arms built so far? The part count does not go up much, plus you can build it to be able to move exactly how you want it to. Plus, having an arm with multiple joints would be harder for the devs to configure the multiple joints. This way it’s one part, one joint to configure. 

No matter how they designed an arm, someone would be wishing it was different 

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Have you seen the custom KSP arms built so far? The part count does not go up much, plus you can build it to be able to move exactly how you want it to. Plus, having an arm with multiple joints would be harder for the devs to configure the multiple joints. This way it’s one part, one joint to configure. 

No matter how they designed an arm, someone would be wishing it was different 

We are talking about a sliding part, not a multi-joint arm. :)workstation-lateral-movement-gif_1.gif?t