Possible bug with keybindings for docking mode

KSP Version: 1.7.0.2483 (LinuxPlayer) en-us

What Happens: Binding the "Throttle Cut-off" function to the Delete key triggers the "Switch Translation/Rotation" function when pressed (in addition to cutting off the throttle) even when "Switch Translation/Rotation" function has been mapped to "None".

Mods / Add-Ons: There is only one mod folder in my install, and it contains only my custom flag image.

Steps to Replicate:

1. Go to the settings menu -> Input category -> Flight tab, ensure that "Switch Translation/Rotation" function is set to "none".kspsettings-input-switchtranslation-none
  2. Go to the Vessel tab and ensure that "Throttle Cut-off" is mapped to "Delete". kspsettings-input-throttlecutoff-delete.
  3. Launch a vessel.
  4. While in-flight, try hitting delete to cut off the engines.

Result: Note that while the engines do turn off as expected, the flight mode is switched to docking mode which can interfere with further flight operations.

Fixes/Workarounds: None known.

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

Hi all, I've been playing with keybindings and I think I've found a bug.

In my input settings, I've unassigned the key for "switch translation/rotation" (which I believe defaults to "Delete", but I don't remember for sure) and mapped the Delete key to throttle cut-off. But when I try to use the throttle cut-off in flight, it triggers the switching of translation/rotation, which implies a switch to docking mode, which takes me out of staging mode and interrupts my piloting.

If anyone knows a workaround for this, please do let me know.

Edited by Newnard

The problem seems to be that there is no way in the game to remove the binding of the key for "Docking Mode"

You can work around by editing "settings.cfg" finding 'UIMODE_DOCKING' and changing  the entry to "primary = None"

7 hours ago, OHara said:

The problem seems to be that there is no way in the game to remove the binding of the key for "Docking Mode"

You can work around by editing "settings.cfg" finding 'UIMODE_DOCKING' and changing  the entry to "primary = None"

This^

"Switch Translation/Rotation" is not the same as "Switch between Staging and Docking Mode". Docking mode uses WASD keys for both, rotation and translation so obviously, you need a way to switch between them. By default, this is done by "Space" or by clicking on the "Rot" / "Lin" buttons in the docking mode window.

Like @OHara said, the keybinding you are actually looking for need to be changed in the settings.cfg since there is no ingame option for it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.