Looking for mod: Transfer science within a ship, without needing EVA

Cooper42

I'm currently using Ship Manifest / Connected Living Space.

As this is the only mod which I can find that allows for easy transfer of science experiment results between science containers, command pods etc. within a vessel, without needing to EVA and do this manually.

But, that's all I need this mod for, so am wondering if anyone knows of a mod that can do this, without everything else that ship manifest / CLS adds?

Connected Living Space is a separate mod, so you can have SM without it.  I know a couple of other mods that allow science transfer between their own parts, but nothing else that works generally.  (Though note you can often collect all science in the ship to a science container.  But it's always all or nothing.)

While SM is a bit overkill for just this, on the other hand with the options turned down you can ignore pretty much everything else.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

I thought the base game allowed one to click on a command pod with a science container and there was a 'collect' button present, thought that anything with a science container had that same button on the right click menu.

No, only the science container part and certain probe cores allow that. However, this module manager patch should add the functionality to every part with a science container:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleScienceContainer]
    {
        @canBeTransferredToInVessel = True
		@canTransferInVessel = True
    }
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.