New additions to base game--action group sets

This is probably old news to some of you, but I just read through the whole post from May 24 on Steam about the DLC. At the bottom is a list of base game updates which I have pasted below.

The action group extension sounds fantastic.

The full link is here

With the release of Breaking Ground, the base game is also getting some updates that will add a few new features.

For starters, the inventory mechanic that is used by deployed science will be available in the base code, for modders to use and extend as they wish.

Additionally, we're adding two extensions to our action group system. The first one adds another type of action group for controls that let you bind input controls to fields - an axis group. The second adds Action Sets, which allow you to enable or disable sets of axis or action groups.

This extends what you can do with a limited number of keys, letting you put your craft into different modes of operation. You can even override the base controls with the action set feature, further fine tuning the interface between you and your craft. We developed these extensions to give players more options to control their robotics, but it certainly will be useful for stock and modded players as well.

Finally, we’ve added EVA portraits, so that you can check data on your Kerbals even when they’re out and about.

This will be extremely useful, especially because when you have a lot of craft docked to a space station action groups tend to overlap. This way, I can disable the action groups of docked craft to avoid firing an engine when I’m deploying solar panels, for example.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.