Twitching Kerbals

Not so much of a question as a comment:  I’ve noticed that while a Kerbal is trying to walk a distance on the Mun, they will sometimes take a few steps then middle-step will begin to twitch, which slows them down to nearly a stand still.  It’s extremely annoying when you’re out of MP and trying to hump it to location (in my case making it to a rescue vessel after I survived a crash).  I’ve found the fix is to look down toward the ground as you’re walking, far enough until it stops twitching. You can zoom way out if you lose sight of your destination tag.  I suspect this may have something to do with them trying to walk in low g situation. I don’t recall if this is a problem on Kerbin. Of course the best fix is to unlock the Probodobodyne RoveMate and build a Rover.

Are you using time warp? Even in the stock game, warping whilst moving can create all sorts of wobbles, jittering, flipping, shaking, blending... And not just to Kerbals on EVA, but whole planes in flight (resulting in stalling and even rapid disassembly), landed planes, rovers, anything with wheels, on any celestial body, low g or not. I would try a lower warp or just x1, and put a rock on the W and Shift keys :/

Edited by Adenosine Triphospate

Yeah, I figured it may get be worth mentioning, since it’s kind of a show-stopper if you’re trying to get somewhere on foot on the Mun.

@Adenosine Triphospate Nope, no time warping.  In fact, it won’t let me.  I’ve definitely tried to time warp while walking both on the Mun and on Kerbin.

Also, I’ve confirmed that the twitching doesn’t happen on Kerbin, so that reinforces my theory that it’s related to the lower gravity of the Mun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.