game object tag questions

I was looking for a list for the game object tags for KSP and Unity. The ones I know about are node, thrustTransform, pivotPoint, and gimbal. I know that there has to be others, but I haven't had much luck finding them. Any help would be appreciated. 

A Layers and Tags list here but the ones you mention aren't tags. thrustTransform is a Unity transform object - not sure about the others. I haven't seen a list of transforms anywhere but the tutorials for the various parts will mention the transforms needed for that part.

@shdwlrd I believe Z+ points the way the exhaust goes - I've been trying to write this stuff up for each type of part and make a simple Blender/Unity package for my own reference - put them online - Forum page here:

If you do use any of these and find any mistakes or things that aren't clear please let me know so I can correct/revise.

Edited by wasml

2 hours ago, wasml said:

@shdwlrd I believe Z+ points the way the exhaust goes - I've been trying to write this stuff up for each type of part and make a simple Blender/Unity package for my own reference - put them online - Forum page here:

If you do use any of these and find any mistakes or things that aren't clear please let me know so I can correct/revise.

I did download your engine example. Looking at your engine and some made by Squad and others and reading your notes, now I'm seeing the source of my confusion. You can position the source of the thrustTransform (or gimbal in your example) using an empty in Blender, but you need to link it to Unity. (Much like how Dr. Jett positioned the nodes for the 3 & 6 way hubs in ChopShop.)  You can also position the thrustTransform within Unity using an empty without positioning it within Blender. 

Thanks again. It looks like I need to spend some quality time in Unity figuring out what the part tags are.

@shdwlrd The three parts that jump to mind that use tags are the airlocks, ladders and engine fairings. I think I have some screen shots in the ladder files. The short of it is you need to add the tag(s) that you need in each project - for that matter you also need to set any layer names you need too. One caution - at least one (I don't remember which - layers or tags) are case sensitive.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.