Attaching parts to landing gear/AIRBRAKES and have them move

Basically what the title says.

I think it would be really cool to be able to attach parts to moving parts. with this you can for example make bigger landing legs, gridfins, and very simple stock hinges.

As far as I know there isn't yet a way to do this/no mod yet, and I don't know how hard it is to make. Or if it's even possible at all.

What do you guys think?

7 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

But with that DLC it would be nice if we could, for example, attach things to the doors of the mk3 cargobays and mk3 ramp, in addition to the robotic parts.

Exactly what I meant, it could lead up to some cool stuff.

Well, to clarify based on your original post:

23 hours ago, Clonos said:

I think it would be really cool to be able to attach parts to moving parts.

This is what the DLC focuses on. It could be cool to retroactively apply it to non-DLC parts... but if that implementation were not to require the DLC, then it would cut into DLC sales, for sure. So even if they allow this for airbrakes and such, I'd still imagine it using DLC-only code.

I'm a bit suspicious that this post is just asking for DLC features without the DLC... but I'm not certain that this was the intent.

with this you can for example make bigger landing legs, gridfins, and very simple stock hinges.

I don't think you're going to get any simpler stock hinges then the stock (DLC) hinges. Plus it makes more sense than an airbrake, which probably wouldn't be very structurally strong.

The stock joints and hinges will allow for bigger landing legs and gridfins, for sure.

I'm not so interested in attaching things to airbrakes. I am interested in attaching things to cargobay and service module doors though. I see that as being much more useful.

21 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

I'm a bit suspicious that this post is just asking for DLC features without the DLC... but I'm not certain that this was the intent.

No no, that wasn't the intent. Just had this thought when playing KSP.

I guess the DLC takes care of this problem, thanks.

3 hours ago, Clonos said:

No no, that wasn't the intent. Just had this thought when playing KSP.

I guess the DLC takes care of this problem, thanks.

Well, I dunno.  In your OP you had specific things that it seems the DLC will be able to handle.  But now with the concept of attaching things to, say, the cargo bay doors, I'm all on board.  That would be nifty.  However I'm sure there's a very specific, hard to work around (aka expensive) reason why the game doesn't allow us to do that.

On 5/27/2019 at 7:42 AM, KerikBalm said:

I am interested in attaching things to cargobay and service module doors though. I see that as being much more useful.

Really not trying to be the 'there's a mod for that' guy, but if you want to try it out and see how it suits you:

8 hours ago, fourfa said:

Really not trying to be the 'there's a mod for that' guy, but if you want to try it out and see how it suits you:

Oh. That's new info. 

I guess that will fulfill my needs, thanks! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.