Calling all Beta Testers

I have updates for both the ToolbarController, the ClickThroughBlocker and the Blizzy Toolbar.  The toolbars have no API changes, the changes are in the back end to use the new UnBlur mod to reduce the amount of IO being done by these mods.

The ClickThroughBlocker had additional methods added, 2 missed GUILayout.Window methods, and all the GUI.ModalWindow methods

The new versions are all packaged up in the following file (this is an updated file with a bug fix):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j5igo1i50u65bk/Beta_TCandCTBandToolbar-Beta2.zip?dl=0

Please test and report back.  So far I don't see any problems in my testing, I'll be running them all in my stream this evening

Edited by linuxgurugamer

[WRN 11:46:18.319] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\001_ToolbarControl\Textures\toolbar_38.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[WRN 11:46:18.323] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\001_ToolbarControl\Textures\window.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

Toolbar Control throws these warnings on load. I think texture dimensions need to be divisible by 4 to avoid this message. I'm just posting these for completeness, I know they don't affect gameplay. 

Unblur will probably have little to no effect for me. I'm on a 4K monitor with the UI set to 140% and full res textures. Also the Toolbar Control button is  simple and easy to distinguish even if it were to be a little fuzzy around the edges. 

@linuxgurugamer EDIT To Add: Unblur is spamming every 50 milliseconds my KSP.log with: 

[LOG 12:06:10.774] [unBlur] No need to disable mipmaps for ScienceAlert/textures/flask-38-0029 -- already has none

Also why would this need to run constantly during flight? Couldn't it just run once when textures load? Just for that I'd recommend against using it.

Edited by Tonka Crash

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Unblur is spamming every 50 milliseconds my KSP.log with:  

[LOG 12:06:10.774] [unBlur] No need to disable mipmaps for ScienceAlert/textures/flask-38-0029 -- already has none

Also why would this need to run constantly during flight? Couldn't it just run once when textures load? Just for that I'd recommend against using it.

Just to clarify: for the same exact texture?

unBlur doesn't do anything by itself in flight mode unless requested, much less on any kind of loop.
So this is unBlur responding to repeated calls to it from one of LGG's mods, most likely there's been a hiccup with the integration somewhere.
Thanks for testing and catching this, it's precisely why testing was needed in the first place.
Also, if you have a more complete log that might help us track down the issue.

Oh, and please don't assume it's unBlur's fault just because it is the one printing the log entries.

@linuxgurugamer can you push your TC / CTB code to a branch on GH so I can help take a look later? I was only able to find 3-day-old master branches without any unBlur integration.

Edited by cakepie

I've replaced the file with one which includes all three mods here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhlox353a7ws484/Beta_TCandCTBandToolbar.zip?dl=0

And it's probably Science Alert which is causing the issue.  It updates the toolbar buttons every frame, I'll look into that.

The current code is on Github for Toolbarcontrol, in a branch called unblur

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It updates the toolbar buttons every frame, I'll look into that.

Ah, sounds about right.

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The current code is on Github for Toolbarcontrol, in a branch called unblur

Which is also at ae4e36f, just a copy of master. But no matter, since it looks like you've already found the culprit.

2 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

To Add: Unblur is spamming every 50 milliseconds my KSP.log with: 

Also why would this need to run constantly during flight? Couldn't it just run once when textures load? Just for that I'd recommend against using

Science Alert manually updates the bottom 20x a second to animate the button, which is what's causing the issue.

@cakepie maybe that message should be disabled?  Science Alert in particular, and maybe other mods, animates the button by rotating images?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

maybe that message should be disabled?

Yeah, didn't anticipate such use case leading to log spam but turns out it's actually harmless in this situation so I'll just suppress it.

@Tonka Crash Thanks much for your help!

11 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

Unblur will probably have little to no effect for me. I'm on a 4K monitor with the UI set to 140% and full res textures.

I missed this earlier -- you'll see no difference visually, but in the backend these changes reduce the amount of file I/O being done in toolbar etc.
You will still benefit from that even if you're already running with full res textures in your KSP graphics settings.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:04 PM, Tonka Crash said:

[WRN 11:46:18.319] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\001_ToolbarControl\Textures\toolbar_38.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[WRN 11:46:18.323] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\001_ToolbarControl\Textures\window.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

I had this error with scansat mod. The icon was a 3x3 pixel icon. I manually converted and replaced with a 4x4 and all is well. I know thats not an ez workaround for everyone...but atleast it removes the log warning

Strangely enough EPL icon is blured on the toolbar..but unblur doesnt seem to help with that one...somehow

3 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

I had this error with scansat mod. The icon was a 3x3 pixel icon.

The warning is harmless, you don't have to do anything to "fix" it.

3 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

EPL icon is blured on the toolbar..but unblur doesnt seem to help with that one...somehow 

Extraplanetary Launchpads? I am unable to reproduce. Can you clarify if it's EL6.5.1 on KSP 1.6.1 or something different? A screencap would also be helpful for comparison.

Edited by cakepie
Update: unable to reproduce

1 hour ago, cakepie said:

The warning is harmless, you don't have to do anything to "fix" it.

Extraplanetary Launchpads? I am unable to reproduce. Can you clarify if it's EL6.5.1 on KSP 1.6.1 or something different? A screencap would also be helpful for comparison.

Ill get you some more information shortly. Its icon has been blurry since i can remember. Only difference i can say off hand is that it looks to be made with 2files layered together somehow...if that makes sense lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.