[1.8.x] Firespitter Extended [Version 2.2, "Quality Control"]

What should I try focusing on next?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. For making more parts

• Make more structural parts (Fuselages, fuel tanks, etc.)
    • Make more aero parts (Wings, control surfaces, etc.)
  2. 2. Should I try making patches for the Ferram Aerospace Research mod?

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...

Small update II

I have been making a bunch of progress on stuff and I might actually come back to this mod. It usually won't be priority on my list but I may update every now and then.

Luckily the update with struts and stuff was saved on my google drive so I can bring that update to the table once I get around to relearning stuff.

So basically the mod is back! :D Updates won't be as fast though as I still have to focus on other projects.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 3:41 AM, UltimateFlash15 said:

Version 2

IMPORTANT: You need module manager for the skins in this update to work! If you don't like them, check the patches folder and open its README for some uninstallation info.

• Added new skins for my Firespitter parts and the original Firespitter biplane parts. Now you can have more teams other than Tommy and Fritz! These skins include:

1. A silver paint job with French insignia (based on paint jobs of the Nieuport 17)
  2. A beige paint job with German insignia
  3. A beige paint job with Italian insignia
  • Added FS5R Circular Rudder V1 based on the vertical fin of the Eindecker monoplane series

• Added FS5R Circular Rudder V2 based on the vertical fin of the Fokker Dr.1

• Added FS4E Delta Elevator based on the horizontal fins of the Fokker Dr.1

• Added Biplane Tail Fuselage V4 based on the tail section of the Fokker Dr.1

NOTICE:

Want to contribute even more to the mod? Want to give me ideas by actually creating them? Want to do this without being limited from special access being required?

Now you are able to make textures and extra skins for this addon! You can share this with me by providing me with a download link to a skin you have made, and if I think it is good enough, your skin will be voted on by the community! If it is accepted, your own texture will be placed inside this addon, and you get credit for it! Go wild with those textures! :D

Hi!
Can you give me a tutorial of some kind for creating my own textures, eg. where to find files, how to make them work ingame, etc... would be really cool, thanks!

• 4 months later...
On 5/8/2020 at 3:06 PM, sergeikat said:

Hi!
Can you give me a tutorial of some kind for creating my own textures, eg. where to find files, how to make them work ingame, etc... would be really cool, thanks!

Hello, sorry for the *very* late response. Haven't touched KSP in awhile. If you'd like to still I can teach you! :)

Version 2.2, "Quality Control"

• Cleaned up all models and fixed many issues with things like shading + bad model topology in general. Essentialy quality control
  • The addon is now under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License

Tiny cleanup of stuff for you guys. Existing craft files should still work.

Still a bit busy with other projects but nevertheless content updates will definetly come faster again, and in much higher quality. Now is definetly the time to vote in stuff you want to see in the poll since I'm back with development on this now.

1 hour ago, UltimateFlash15 said:

Version 2.2, "Quality Control"

• Cleaned up all models and fixed many issues with things like shading + bad model topology in general. Essentialy quality control
  • The addon is now under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License

Tiny cleanup of stuff for you guys. Existing craft files should still work.

Still a bit busy with other projects but nevertheless content updates will definetly come faster again, and in much higher quality. Now is definetly the time to vote in stuff you want to see in the poll since I'm back with development on this now.

Welcome back!

I've also been away from KSP for some time (other than checking the forums and trying to keep up on the mod scene for when I can jump in again!) but updates like these are always great to see. TY.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Love your work. Have you thought about doing parts where the parts you choose have much greater affect on the planes performance? I find with KSP parts and mods it’s more about how you get it to look, but surely you could base parts off WW2 designs and get a whole lot more variety, for example, lightweight fuselage pieces similar to the design of the Zero to get great climb rate and turning and acceleration but then also a heavier option like the p47 or even an armoured version like the il 2, just to trade off different performances so there’s more variety. You could also do thick high lift wing pieces and thin laminar flow speed wings and engines that are heavy so don’t accelerate well but have turbo chargers for high altitudes or lightweight engines that have powerful thrust to weight ratios but suffer from over heating.

i know it’s a huge amount of work but from your opinion, could it work? 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.