Going to the Mun using the world's worst control scheme: Minecraft Redstone

Willbl3pic

So I was messing around with kRPC and decided to try out its Java library by making a minecraft mod that lets you control your craft in KSP from within Minecraft. I then went to the Mun with it, because I'm insane.

.Mod here if anyone is interested: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-craft

Source code: https://github.com/williambl/kerbalcraft

The add-on used in KSP is kRPC, which can be found here:

Edited by Willbl3pic
Added extra links for kRPC and for kerbalcraft source code

I agree that this is the most difficult way I've ever seen to control a rocket in KSP @Willbl3pic. Amazing work, mate!

Unfortunately your link does not seem to include the source code (which is a requirement according to the add-on posting rules) and has been temporarily removed. Please  make sure your OP above includes a clear link to source code before re-adding. We apologize for the inconvenience.

@James Kerman Ah, sorry about that, I've added a link to the source code (and also one to the kRPC thread).

BTW, feel free to move this thread if it is more appropriate in one of the Add-On Forums; I'm not entirely sure whether it's best here or there.

My goodness, that was aMAZING! Congratulations, that really took my breath away! Controlling throttle like that, steering like that, good job!

(ps: the part where you broke the iron block below the red stone was funny

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 8:17 AM, James Kerman said:

Congratulations @Willbl3pic, you have been awarded thread of the month.

It truly takes some 'outside of the box' thinking to not only conceive of your achievement but also to implement it. I tip my hat to you, Sir.

So a few months ago I must have accidentally turned off email notifications, because I'd completely missed that this had happened... thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.