Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

On 4/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, kcs123 said:

Well, my best guess is that plugin dll is not loaded properly for some reason. That info should be available in log files. IIRC, a lot of plugins was failing to load in KSP 1.8.x and higher. One unproperly plugin may cause other plugins not to load properly either. I think that @linuxgurugamer have dealed a lot of those in mods that he maintain, but I no longer recall exact reasons. It may or may not be the same thing.

TCA has the same issue with windows not appearing.  I heard someone say that this is or may be a related issue, but not sure.  I'll reinstall IR and check the logs.

• 4 weeks later...

It does work with KSP 1.9.1.2788 (Linux Steam Version, Infernal Robotics - Next v3.0.0, installed via CKAN 1.27.2).

It didn't work directly, I've reinstalled it via CKAN and clicked around in the Toolbar-Controler Settings (where you can configure to use a 3rd-Party or Stock-Toolbar or both, although i haven't installed any third party toolbars).

Now I can open the window via the Stock Toolbar.

But I've seen glitches like two robot arms controlled together (moving parallel away from the ship) seemed top turn into different directions, where one clipped into the ship. After Save & Reloading both arms appeared where they should be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah, 1.7, that explains why there's a large amount of errors in the KSP logs related to this mod.

[ERR 02:34:59.425] Exception handling event onVesselWasModified in class ModuleIRServo_v3:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRMovedPart.InitializePart (Part part) [0x00009] in <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRServo_v3.OnVesselWasModified (Vessel v) [0x0009d] in <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0 

[EXC 02:34:59.427] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRMovedPart.InitializePart (Part part) (at <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0)
	InfernalRobotics_v3.Module.ModuleIRServo_v3.OnVesselWasModified (Vessel v) (at <1886c2a334854b74853be7fb07236d62>:0)
	EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <55ba45dc3a43403382024deac8dcd0be>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`1:Fire(Vessel)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:AddTransmitter()
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:SetState(Boolean)
	RemoteTech.Modules.ModuleRTAntenna:OnStart(StartState)
	Part:ModulesOnStart()
	<Start>d__297:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Just a heads up is all on the errors.

Its a good mod, but the hinges, foldatrons and rotations are practically useless, as any time they rotate, the object attached will randomly move up or down instead of rotating, for example I attached a small canard to the foldatron, when i folded it it went up, above the foldatron.

Edited by LF_Ion

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, MooseMoi said:

For some reason, the icon for it doesent appear for 1.9.1, this needs to be fixed asap.

I'm unsure of your intent but you have no basis on which to demand a fix.  The people who make these mods for us to enjoy do so out without compensation, have real lives and aren't beholden to us users for anything.

You've also provided no information to enable others to help you, other than the fact that IR-Next (this topic) is not compatible with 1.9.1.  I suggest you read the topic linked in my sig block on how to report problems, then ask again.

Edited by Brigadier
Spelling error

Is it just my ksp or do mirrored rotatrons rotate different ways? I was trying to make a YAK 38 and the rotatrons I used to hold the nozzles rotated different ways. Makes the mod unusable.

Edited by LF_Ion

1 hour ago, LF_Ion said:

Is it just my ksp or do mirrored rotatrons rotate different ways? I was trying to make a YAK 38 and the rotatrons I used to hold the nozzles rotated different ways. Makes the mod unusable.

Yep, it is possible that some of parts still have that issue. But, you have ability on each part PAW to invert motion of that part.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:59 PM, kcs123 said:

Yep, it is possible that some of parts still have that issue. But, you have ability on each part PAW to invert motion of that part.

Ik, but then it happens the other way round, with the motions swapped.

10 hours ago, LF_Ion said:

Ik, but then it happens the other way round, with the motions swapped.

Well, you can workarond of it by breaking symmetry. First, place parts in symmetry mode, copy mirroed parts wiht ALT+Click and put asside. Then place original parts without symmetry and copied oposite side after that. Example that I used in the past to avoid KSP wheel autostrut issue https://imgur.com/a/stBBB . Not exact same issue, but main idea is the same.

I love this mod. It has so much attention to detail it's hard not to love. I do, however, have trouble completing any projects because of some kind of node bug. For example: upon loading a craft into SPH/VAB, parts directly connected to IR parts seem to forget that their scale was changed, and place themselves in space accordingly. This causes all sorts of problems. There are minor workarounds, but at things like longer robotic arms become a glitchy mess when I load them. This sort of thing happens when you Alt+Click duplicate a segment. It, of course, sets to base positions, fair, but it also seems to go to base size similarly to load-up. This process happens when re-entering the scene where a robotic segment is loaded. The nodes don't connect where they actually should, making it painful to use. Does the author recommend avoiding scaling altogether? Or is there an issue between the chair and keyboard?

Regardless, I hope everyone reading is staying safer than I tend to fly.

8 hours ago, ElonsMusk said:

I love this mod. It has so much attention to detail it's hard not to love. I do, however, have trouble completing any projects because of some kind of node bug. For example: upon loading a craft into SPH/VAB, parts directly connected to IR parts seem to forget that their scale was changed, and place themselves in space accordingly. This causes all sorts of problems. There are minor workarounds, but at things like longer robotic arms become a glitchy mess when I load them. This sort of thing happens when you Alt+Click duplicate a segment. It, of course, sets to base positions, fair, but it also seems to go to base size similarly to load-up. This process happens when re-entering the scene where a robotic segment is loaded. The nodes don't connect where they actually should, making it painful to use. Does the author recommend avoiding scaling altogether? Or is there an issue between the chair and keyboard?

Regardless, I hope everyone reading is staying safer than I tend to fly.

That looks more like Tweakscale issue than IR by it's own. What version of KSP you play at ? And what version of IR you using ? @Lisias migt tell you more about it. IIRC some kind of bug with ALT+Click copy was mentioned earlier in tweakscale thread, but I didn't remember all details about it. Logfile and craqft file with minimum mods required to reproduce bug might help to figure out issue sooner.

20 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

That looks more like Tweakscale issue than IR by it's own. What version of KSP you play at ? And what version of IR you using ? @Lisias migt tell you more about it. IIRC some kind of bug with ALT+Click copy was mentioned earlier in tweakscale thread, but I didn't remember all details about it. Logfile and craqft file with minimum mods required to reproduce bug might help to figure out issue sooner.

Yes, it looks remarkably similar.  What was happening on TweakScale is that something on Editor guts was kinda interfering on the OnClone handler, reseting the Resources setting to the prefab one (instead of cloning the Resources of the part being cloned). The KSP-Recall stunt of mine were essentially a new interference, interfering on the previous one to shove back the last known Resource settings (that was detected by monitoring the OnEditorShipModified). But this interference was fixed on KSP 1.10, so perhaps you should give it a try first? (it's a wild guess)

In a way or another, @ElonsMusk, a craft file and a log file will be useful to further pursue this problem!

Edited by Lisias
mentioning the guy. :)

a craft file and a log file will be useful to further pursue this problem!

Right right. I would have brought those to show the class but had to reinstall anyway. I'm now on 1.10 and the new tweakscale build is going swimmingly. Thanks again ♥ If I have any issues I'll bring more data next time.

8 hours ago, 某事不过三兄 said:

FIrst of all, what's the relatiionship between "infernal RO-Robotics" and this ?

I found "infernal RO-Robotics v2.3.1" didn't compatible with "mechjeb2.9.2.0". If I apply the mod, MJ will disappear.

My game version is 1.9.1

Can you give exact link for "Infernal RO-Robotics" ? Forum thread or github link. I have missed info if anyone created forked version of Infernal Robotics for RO. I can only guess that is forked verion of original IR plugin:

It is older version of infernal robotics plugin that worked more/less properly up to KSP 1.1 or KSP 1.2 (I no longer recall exact version). With some luck it might even work for newer version of KSP, but I doubt that it can work for KSP1.9.x or KSP1.10 properly (never tried, so take this as grain of salt). Infernal Robotic Next is completely new plugin rewritten from scratch. Only name, 3D models and original idea remained from previous title. Almost everything else in code is new with some new features and bugfix/workaraonds of issues that original IR have. Unfortunately, IR Next is not yet recomiled/updated to work properly with KSP 1.9.x and KSP 1.10.x.

12 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Can you give exact link for "Infernal RO-Robotics" ? Forum thread or github link. I have missed info if anyone created forked version of Infernal Robotics for RO. I can only guess that is forked verion of original IR plugin:

It is older version of infernal robotics plugin that worked more/less properly up to KSP 1.1 or KSP 1.2 (I no longer recall exact version). With some luck it might even work for newer version of KSP, but I doubt that it can work for KSP1.9.x or KSP1.10 properly (never tried, so take this as grain of salt). Infernal Robotic Next is completely new plugin rewritten from scratch. Only name, 3D models and original idea remained from previous title. Almost everything else in code is new with some new features and bugfix/workaraonds of issues that original IR have. Unfortunately, IR Next is not yet recomiled/updated to work properly with KSP 1.9.x and KSP 1.10.x.

In fact, this mod is recommand by Extraplanetary Launchpads, and the homepage in the CKAN is link to THIS

The title in the web is "infernal robotics", so I fetl confused.

11 hours ago, 某事不过三兄 said:

In fact, this mod is recommand by Extraplanetary Launchpads, and the homepage in the CKAN is link to THIS

The title in the web is "infernal robotics", so I fetl confused.

Ah, that explains. It is forked version of Infernal Robotics, for backward compatibility for KSP 1.6.x/1.7.x made by @whale_2,  while latest available IR Next version on githgub is no longer supported for KSP 1.6.x/ 1.7.x. Probably due to different version of unity game engine used for latest KSP. That seems to be fork of "original" version of IR linked in my previous post. With so many forked version around, it is hard to tell what is original source code. @whale_2 should be able to tell more about it, is it from original plugin, or maybe some improvements from IR Next is also included in his fork too. Sorry, can't tell more, I don't watch RO thread, so I didn't even know about that fork.

Anyhow, I recommend to not use either of those from CKAN. Because latest available releases on Github, for both, IR Next and whale_2 forked versions are marked as "pre-release". Meaning, CKAN would not show those as available for install. Bugs you are encontered might be already fixed in that pre-release versions. However, it is marked as "pre-release" for a reason. Meaning, some issues might not be ironed out yet.

• 4 weeks later...