Infernal Robotics - Next

Rudolf Meier

4 hours ago, Natso said:

How can i lift an object? I have a truck and i want to lift something into the truck , like missile at the ground and lift on the truck . It possible?

Quote from OP:

A selection of utility parts to expand the possibilities of robotics in KSP. There are three landing leg parts (two of which include suspension and can be stacked inside extendatrons), two attachment parts, two science parts, and an IR themed version of the Clamp-O-Tron Jr.

You can also other stock parts, like claw or parts from other mods, like KAS. There is plenty video examples with various combination how to do it. However, you will get better luck with older versions of mods and KSP, because latest IR Next is working stable up to KSP 1.7.2. For newer KSP verions, it may or may not work properly. Also KAS whinch and docking magnet is also not updated (last time I have checked). So, yes, in theory, you can build a crane for lifting stuff, but you may need to do some research what other mod and version of that mod work properly along each other. Especially for KSP version higher than 1.7.2.

On 9/4/2020 at 2:00 AM, Neil Kermstrong said:

Yeah it worked just fine, couldn't test if all the parts worked though because my mouse is gone

It works fine. Couldn't find an error. I even try to make a new version of the VTOL part that I am missing for my lander.

I just cannot figure the problem with the model.

If  I can fix this, I would even do more parts. Not too complex, but things that could be useful. But first I need to figure my mistake/problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ulgojax said:

Can someone help me? I dont know if this is part of IR, but the style of parts are pretty same.   image here

Yep, those are from this mod. Active struts, that you were able to enable/disable in flight as you desire. I no longer know exact KSP version, but I think it is somewhere between 1.1.x and 1.3.x when plugin for those stoped to work and it was never recompiled/repaired to work with new KSP versions.

42 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Yep, those are from this mod. Active struts, that you were able to enable/disable in flight as you desire. I no longer know exact KSP version, but I think it is somewhere between 1.1.x and 1.3.x when plugin for those stoped to work and it was never recompiled/repaired to work with new KSP versions.

That's sad :( i wanted to have it in my 1.10 :D

Guys, I have faced a really big bug with IR!

I made a craft with IR parts and 5 Small Claws. It is a kind of Ship Builder, to grab parts of big ships, to hold it tightly and to place them at Construction docking ports. Works perfect and looks like a big spider, cool.

Buuuut! If I dock my Ship Builder to any craft and undock it later, the Kraken is coming. IR parts becomes unstable and shivering, after blasting.

Why is it so? Because IR parts are moved a bit after ship’s decoupling. And the older of IR parts in save file is became wrong.

For example, I have 80 parts in Ship Bullder, and IR parts must be last 10 parts in a row. But after decoupling IR parts are mixed with other 70 in unpredictable order. And coordinates of parts are also moved. Why is it so, I don’t know.

I have coded a script on Python to check a specific ship name in save files and check the order of parts. And if order is wrong, the script just copying “initial” configuration to a new save file. And if I load this new save, the ship becomes stable again.

So, I really do not know anything about KSP modding, algorithms of coupling and scribing ship statements in game, but Infernal Robotics mod is spoiling ship statements after decoupling for sure.

If it is possible to fix, this mod would be really perfect. To be honest, I love it so much and really feel sad because of this bug(((

@ZodD, I don't know what might be going on but I would first suggest you read about how to get help at this topic.  You might need to supply some more information (versions of KSP and IR Next, other mods installed, for example) for people to assist you in diagnosing your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2021 at 6:56 AM, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

ques who is back after a long vacation, so any working IR and sequencer for latest KSP version available?

I am using the version compiled for 1.7+ and it is working nominally. (still the bugs affecting scaled parts when returning to the craft) My 1.11 install is a little messy but everything is working.

On 1/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, ElonsMusk said:

I am using the version compiled for 1.7+ and it is working nominally. (still the bugs affecting scaled parts when returning to the craft) My 1.11 install is a little messy but everything is working.

Humm... I did forget about this. I will do my best to find time to see about this...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there.

It's a great mod, but theres a bug with some hinges.

(Context first, I made a swing wing F14 with the Extended Foldatron, everything worked fine. A couple days later, keep in mind I haven't edited the craft at all, the foldatrin just stops working)

I have used several hinges all to no avail. Is there a way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

So here's the things...

I love this mod and his amazing features, I think it adds a whole new level of mechanics to the game that expand your creativity designs.

OBJECTIVE:  A cargo lifter from the ground into the cargo bay of Tundra Exploration's Starship. The design is more or less acceptable apart from it coming through the walls of the rocket. This design was from 9 months ago, and it's pretty much the same up to this date.

I've only found one issue, it's not the video's case though. The max force input it's not enough for me, IR is too weak for some of my payloads to be lifted up and fold itself into the cargo bay. SOOOOO if found a solution, or what I thought it would be. Looking into the IR parts' .cfg I found some lines regarding the force input for the robotics, so I cheated and changed to the max number I could think it'd work without breaking it.

factorForce = 999999
		maxForce = 999999
		forceLimit = 999999

The truth is... I don't even know what I did there, it just allowed me to increase my robotics strenght in-game.

THE REAL PROBLEM: The force settings in-game are by default the lowest, and so every time I want to increase the force value I have to press the increase button which increases it 5 by 5 points. I usually reach numbers of 1000 points of force just for one robotic part. Too much work for one single part, besides, sometimes I have EXTREMELY HEAVY payloads, that not even with 3000 points of force will bend it up like in the video.

MY QUESTION: Is there a way I can change the default force value of every part's .cfg? or, A way in which I can change the increase button parameters so every time I press it, it increases 1000 points instead of 5?

I'D REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP HERE. Let me know what you think.

Thank you'all :)

Edited by adriangm44

• 1 month later...