[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

On 8/24/2019 at 11:02 PM, Poodmund said:

I think its tied into the Science 'Recovery' Multiplier value for each body as SetDeadlineYears depends on GetContractDestinationWeight which depends on body.scienceValues.RecoveryValue so by changing something like: https://github.com/Poodmund/Outer-Planets-Mod/blob/master/GameData/OPM/KopernicusConfigs/OuterPlanets/Plock.cfg#L35 to a higher number may in fact increase the duration of the contracts upon their generation (will not affect existing contracts).

If you're willing to test this out, then please let me know.

On 11/18/2019 at 4:39 AM, ExtremeSquared said:

I am testing this now. Just got a one-way Karen/Plock contract with a duration of 17 years which is probably unworkable below a 15km/s dV budget. Nissee 29 years. Urlum 26 years -- doable.

After cfg change:

Hi ExtremeSquared, I know it has been over a year but did this change provide any positive outcome for you with regards to contract lengths?

EDIT: I've just done some testing and found that this is indeed the case. This testing would suggest that contract deadline times are determined by... SetDeadlineDays = scienceValues.RecoveryValue * this.contractDestinationWeight. In Vanilla in a Satellite contract for Jool has a 6yr deadline date once accepted and if you look in the Contracts.cfg this equates to a DeadlineDays = 2130 value, therefore a Science Value of 6 multiplied by a contractDestinationWeight of 2130 equals 12,780... divide by 426 days and you get 6yrs. I changed Jool's Science Recovery Value from 6 to 100 and which would expect a Satellite contract deadline date of 500yrs and indeed in the Mission Control screen this is what appears.

L6f1e7a.png

So its a case of finding the correct Science Recovery Value for the outer planet bodies to allow for long enough contract periods to complete them.

Edited by Poodmund

Tekto is the only moon in OPM with a considerable atmosphere that would show visible clouds... Thatmo has an extremely thin atmosphere.

With regards to contract lengths, I have made some changes to Neidon and Plock's (and their moons) recovery values which will increase their science yield from these bodies (but by the time players have reached this places, I fully expect science not to be that much of a concern by this point), please see below:

Contract (Years)    
Contract Type Contract Weight   Jool Sarnus Urlum Neidon Plock

Test 426   6 7 8 10 12
RoverConstruction 852   12 14 16 20 24
VesselRepair 852   12 14 16 20 24
OrbitalConstruction 852   12 14 16 20 24
Flag 2130   30 35 40 50 60
Recovery 2130   30 35 40 50 60
Satellite 2130   30 35 40 50 60
Research 2130   30 35 40 50 60
Sentinel 2130   30 35 40 50 60
CometDetection 2130   30 35 40 50 60
Survey 2130   30 35 40 50 60
Tour 2130   30 35 40 50 60
DeployedScience 2130   30 35 40 50 60
ROCScienceArm 2130   30 35 40 50 60
ROCScienceRetrieval 2130   30 35 40 50 60
GClass6 2982   42 49 56 70 84
Base 2982   42 49 56 70 84
Grand 2982   42 49 56 70 84
ISRU 2982   42 49 56 70 84
Station 2982   42 49 56 70 84

Basic Hohmann Transfer Lengths (long travel times)          
Kerbin Jool 4yrs          
Kerbin Sarnus 6yrs          
Kerbin Urlum 12yrs          
Kerbin Neidon 25yrs          
Kerbin Plock 65yrs          

You probably won't take Test contracts out at the outer planets so those contract lengths are pretty redundant. The next 3 types are the new contract types added with KSP 1.11.0 and they all generate fairly timely contracts due to their low contract weight value (these are also bugged as of KSP 1.11.0 and are generating at a length of around 2yrs for all bodies)... this is something that is inherent within Vanilla KSP so theres not a hell of a lot that can be done about this without screwing up Science balance.

All the other contracts have pretty generous contract lengths and you should be able to get there and back if required within the contract times. Ensure that if you're using something like Transfer Window Planner to create your Hohmann Transfers, don't always use the most dV efficient transfers as they will take an extremely long time. Usually, for just a few hundred m/s more, you can get transfers that will shave a significant amount of years of your transfer times.

I can't get this mod to load.  I have the latest version of KSP installed as well as Kopernicus and other dependencies.  All are installed fine but whenever the game loads i get a warning that kopernicus isn't up to date and OPM wasn't able to be loaded.

Anything I can do to get this working again?  I really miss your mod.

This planet pack (much like any other system/planet pack) can be altered by Sigma: Dimensions. Whatever Sigma: Dimensions configs you decide to use it up to you; if you want to use "Rescale's" configs then by all means... I personally use a modified version of the Rescale 2.5x config. :D 

Ok. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Poodmund said:

This planet pack (much like any other system/planet pack) can be altered by Sigma: Dimensions. Whatever Sigma: Dimensions configs you decide to use it up to you; if you want to use "Rescale's" configs then by all means... I personally use a modified version of the Rescale 2.5x config. :D 

48 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Would anyone be against the idea of adding the LiquidFuel resource to Tekto's seas/lakes to be able to be pumped up and stored?

I would like an option without CRP/Spacedust to be Liquidfuel and an option with them to be liquid methane for cryoengines (future update) and tundra starship and such stuff

7 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Perhaps adding atmospheric resources using Spacedust as well?

yeah

1 hour ago, Starhelperdude said:

would like an option without CRP/Spacedust to be Liquidfuel and an option with them to be liquid methane for cryoengines (future update) and tundra starship and such stuff

I agree. Urlum and Neidon should also have methane if I remember correctly.