[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

Well... its using the stock LiquidFuel resource but its dependent on whatever parts you know of that can pump resources from 'splashed down' states. I don't think any of the Stock drills do this so you'd either be reliant on a Module Manager patch to give the Stock parts that ability or download a mod that contains parts to do this. Off the top of my head there is Stockalike Mining Extension, Karbonite and Kerbalism; although the last two probably change the game too much for your liking if you're inquiring about Stock parts.

There are 4 types of resource collection, regolith drilling, oceanic pumping, atmospheric collection and interplanetary scooping. Stock only uses the first type but all 4 exist in the base game for mods to extend upon. I 'expect' (but don't quote me) that any collector has to raycast and hit ocean/lake surface for it to allow for the oceanic pumps to work. I have no concrete knowledge on this but I can definitely add LiquidFuel to the lakes on Tekto, however it works. :D 

When I said usin stock parts, I meant fuel tanks. Of course, harvesting liquid is impossible in stock game. And thus maybe most people wanting to harvest liquids would already use exotic fuel parts on their ships to the point of making this feature (liquid fuel oceans) useless. But someplayers might not want to have many mods or mght have a limited computer capacity and so use mostly stock parts except for the harvester and the planet pack.

It should be a config based on other mods included into the player's set up.

Oh, well it'd be any parts that have the ability to store the LiquidFuel resource natively. So Stock tanks would have a penalty in that regard as they share capacity with Oxidiser unless you use a fuel switching mod, like B9 Part Switch and the relevant patches, to allow Stock fuel tanks to be used in different resource configurations, such as LiquidFuel only. 

EDIT: I'm just giving the ability to get the resource in this mod. OPM is in no way either a parts mod, a resource gathering mod or a fuel switcher mod. :D You'll have to decide what mod suite you want to use to fulfil your resource collection desires... but yes, OPM already allows for the collection of a small amount of LqdHe3 in Tekto's oceans but I can also add LqdMethane  if the CryoTank's special patch is active.

Edited by Poodmund

On 1/2/2021 at 1:08 PM, Poodmund said:
On 11/17/2019 at 9:39 PM, ExtremeSquared said:

Hi ExtremeSquared, I know it has been over a year but did this change provide any positive outcome for you with regards to contract lengths?

Sorry... never really got back to it. I decided that my expectation that I save a few % on deltaV to do a standard max-efficiency low-speed Hohmann transfer to Plock was unreasonable, and therefore my complaint was fundamentally flawed. At no point were the contract lengths technically unreasonable.

3 hours ago, ExtremeSquared said:

Sorry... never really got back to it. I decided that my expectation that I save a few % on deltaV to do a standard max-efficiency low-speed Hohmann transfer to Plock was unreasonable, and therefore my complaint was fundamentally flawed. At no point were the contract lengths technically unreasonable.

In any case... I gave Neidon and Plock a little boost.

I am in version 1.8.1 of KSP as I am running an extensive mod pack, there for I am using the 1.8.1 versions of this mod and Kopernicus and I am not willing to update to a different version of either the game or the mods. Now that that is out of the way, one mod i am attempting to run concurrently with outer planets is ScanSat. DOes anyone know if Outer Planets in its 1.8.1 version is compatible with the 1.8.1 version of ScanSat?

hi, currently playing in 1.9.1 I have installed both the mod and its dependencies, I use the Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch for 1.9.1, unfortunately of the new planets only sarnus appears to me, ideas on how to solve?   gLiFk1M.png

Edited by Messeno

8 hours ago, DaBakonAder said:

This mod works just fine for 1.11 believe it or not, only problem is a “lazer light show” appears when you pan the camera in a certain way

That's an issue that's been around for quite a while; I think it's with Kopernicus. You get used to it

23 hours ago, Messeno said:

hi, currently playing in 1.9.1 I have installed both the mod and its dependencies, I use the Kopernicus Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch for 1.9.1, unfortunately of the new planets only sarnus appears to me, ideas on how to solve?   

Have you tried zooming out more? because planets like Urlum and Neidon are Far As Heck away. Like, SUPER FAR

On 1/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, DaBakonAder said:

This mod works just fine for 1.11 believe it or not, only problem is a “lazer light show” appears when you pan the camera in a certain way

Am I doing something wrong because I cannot for the life of me get the Ouer Planets to appear.

Fresh install on 1.11 with just OPM, Kopernicus BE for 1.11, MM, MFI & CTTP 

I get the warning that Kopernicus isn't compatible on load and no outer planets

Ignore me I think I have found my problem

Edited by Chrisbburn
Short sightedness

Outer Planets Mod v2.2.9

• Added LiquidFuel as a mineable resource in Tekto's oceans.
  • Fixed contracts from spawning requiring players to drill Ore from gas giants.
  • Increased Neidon and Plock's (plus moons) Science Recovery Values slightly to increase their contract duration times. Hopefully this increase in potential science gain around Neidon and Plock will not unbalance the tech tree progression rate.

https://github.com/Poodmund/Outer-Planets-Mod/releases/latest