[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

Well, after moving all the mods from the GameData folder, and leaving it clean; place the OPM mods (with all the dependencies), then install SVE; And my final conclusion is that, YES, there is support with SVE, and it is satisfactory.

QAVtqm1.png

x1MkHuq.png

Sarnus and Hale

fLaTDEQ.png

Slate

dUgCEYN.png

Yi9nJzO.png

Tekto

FsM4Aso.png

b5iqzLM.png

Urlum

qLHLGq9.png

h1J1wsd.png

Polta

2RIGr7K.png

7JyTzEr.png

Neidon

VZ2Vgmx.png

Thatmo

I admit that the support of AVP with that of SVE, is something else.  But what SVE gives is quite nice and palatable for the game.

PS: the resolution of SVE in which I played it is in 2k, and not in 8k, but I think it must be amazing in 8k.

Edited by luisitoISS

On 4/17/2021 at 3:27 AM, Poodmund said:

Last time I heard, Kopernicus currently disabled Comets from spawning. @R-T-B would be able to confirm otherwise.

It does.  You can reenable them by installing a custom asteroid spawner, or enabling the stock one (only good for the stock-based system, like this).  This is done by setting Kopernicus_Config.cfg option UseKopernicusAsteroidSystem = Stock.  The options are normally UseKopernicusAsteroidSystem = False, True, or Stock.  False is for a completely separate mod to take over, True is for Kopernicus to just do it's thing without comets, and Stock is the stock generator without customization.

When I try to fly near/land on OPM bodies, the textures and terrain meshes are extremely blurry and low-res. On the surface, there are no terrain scatters either. I've attached my KSP log file, but of note I was able to find  these error messages in the log.

I'm running with Ultra terrain scatters, and OPM + Astronomer's Visual Pack.

[WRN 15:17:06.192] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Karen'
[WRN 15:17:06.211] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Plock'
[WRN 15:17:06.229] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Nissee'
[WRN 15:17:06.247] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Thatmo'
[WRN 15:17:06.266] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Tal'
[WRN 15:17:06.284] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Wal'
[WRN 15:17:06.302] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Priax'
[WRN 15:17:06.320] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Polta'
[WRN 15:17:06.341] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Tekto'
[WRN 15:17:06.359] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Slate'
[WRN 15:17:06.395] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Ovok'
[WRN 15:17:06.413] Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Hale'

https://www.dropbox.com/s/18kbsollf61a28r/KSP.log?dl=0

KSP.log Dropbox link attached.

Edited by planeguy868

I just added OPM to an existing KSP install, and it seriously messed up visuals, covering my vessels with dark diffuse bandy blotches, which shift based on vessel orientation, resembling overly fuzzy shadows in their behaviour. To my semi-trained eye, it all looked pretty much like someone had cranked down shadow resolution by orders of magnitude and maybe threw in a blur filter for good measure.

Is this something that's been observed before in conjunction with OPM? If so, are there any known fixes or workarounds for it?

Sorry, should have mentioned before:

KSP 1.11.1
OPM 2.2.9
Kopernicus release-1.11.1-38
CTTP 1.1.0.4

Other mods (excluding CKAN auto-installed dependencies for brevity):

B9 Part Switch v2.17.0
Click Through Blocker 0.1.10.15
Community Tech Tree 3.4.3
Docking Port Alignment Indicator 6.9.2.2
Editor Extensions Redux 3.4.2
Kerbalism 3.13, Default Config 3.13
Near Future Aeronautics 2.1.0, Construction 1.3.1, Exploration 1.1.1, IVA Props 0.6.4, Launch Vehicles 2.1.3, Propulsion (Xenon HETs) 1.3.3, Solar 1.3.1, Spacecraft 1.4.1
Raster Prop Monitor v0.31.4
Rational Resources 1.17.1
ReStock 1.3.1,  ReStock+ 1.3.1
Smart Docking Aid v1.1.0
Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux 1.4.0
Waterfall - Restock 0.2.1, Core 0.6.3
Zero MiniAVC 1.1.0.1

(Also installed were two custom PNG flags, only one of which I was actually using, sized 512x320 pixels @ 32bpp and featuring alpha channel transparency.)

On 4/24/2021 at 9:05 AM, Neebel said:

Sorry for impatiently asking, but is there any release date for the Space Dust update in sight?

On 4/24/2021 at 11:34 AM, Grimmas said:

The Space Dust patches are already in the repo, just not part of a release yet. If you want to play with them you can grab all the configs here and replace the ones in your install.

did you ever try these out Neebel? or anyone who's reading this? i wouldn't think there would be any catastrophic results but... you. never. know. no really though i'll try it out at some point anyways, but it's always good to know. also thanks Grimmas for the link

On 5/25/2021 at 9:25 PM, DaBakonAder said:

hey I've heard OPM disables comets, is that true? If so, how do I re-enable them?

nvm i figured it out

I never known it.
How did you resolved???

• 2 weeks later...