Jump to content

[1.3.1 - 1.11.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.9] [12th Feb 2021]


Recommended Posts

On 7/20/2020 at 2:55 AM, amarius1 said:

It's because of 1.9/1.10 Kopernicus and you can do nothing about it, happens to other planet packs too

Actually, there is.  You can report bugs like that on our stable Kopernicus bug tracker if it's happening in the 1.9.1 build, because it really shouldn't be there (the only change we have really made is to gas giants, which slate is not, so it should be rendering them the same).  We'd love a detailed report on something like that so we can fix it properly, rather than forcing terrain/planet artists to work around issues they shouldn't have to.  It looks like Poodmund may already have done that, which is nice, but that's really not the best way to fix the bug globally so we could still use a report if anyone is able.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:04 AM, Poodmund said:

My suggestion is don't use a version of KSP that is unsupported by the mod.

I actually encourage this (it's how we find Kopernicus bugs), but there's a caveat:  Report bugs to me if using an unsupported version, not poor Poodmund.  It's my fault almost certainly, not his, and there is really little he can do (or, as we just saw, it can just make it harder for us to replicate by patching it for just his mod with workarounds).  You can do so here for my 1.10 builds:

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/issues

And yes, I know this Kopernicus update is messy and has so...  many... releases...  vs the previous.  Keep in mind we are all learning a very complex machine here, and patience will yield a good product at the end of the day.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

I actually encourage this (it's how we find Kopernicus bugs), but there's a caveat:  Report bugs to me if using an unsupported version, not poor Poodmund. 

You might... but please do not do so in this thread.

Just to be clear, to anyone who uses this mod on an unsupported version of Kopernicus and reports issues unless requested to do so, please be aware that I am not going to respond to your issue. I'm not being rude by doing so, its just there's nothing that I can do, or will do about these issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

You might... but please do not do so in this thread.

Just to be clear, to anyone who uses this mod on an unsupported version of Kopernicus and reports issues unless requested to do so, please be aware that I am not going to respond to your issue. I'm not being rude by doing so, its just there's nothing that I can do, or will do about these issues.

That's fair.  I was just letting you know our policy (I'm not about to spam you with issues outside your control) and I too would strongly discourage people from coming here and for lack of a better term, threadcrapping you with unrelated issues.

You should know that 1.10 Kopernicus is intended to function in it's end product (which it is not yet) just like 1.9.1, and furthermore, 1.9.1 is SUPPOSED to function just like 1.8.1.  We are trying to keep compatibility, not break it meaning no changes should be needed.  Right now though, there are issues, and they ARE NOT for this thread.  Report them to the Kopernicus threads on the respective posts.

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

its just there's nothing that I can do, or will do about these issues.

That's really my main point.  Keep doing what you do, we'll take care of our stuff.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaintedLion said:

Just a quick question, does the solid ground scatter work for the stock bodies, or only the OPM bodies?

Yes, you just have to turn on colliders.  The following should do it.

Spoiler
@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{
				@LandControl
				{
					@scatters
					{
						@Scatter:HAS[~name[Grass00]]
						{
							%Components
							{
								%ScatterColliders 
								{ 
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

 

I've excluded grass from having colliders, but everything else like boulders, tress and cacti be solid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, you just have to turn on colliders.  The following should do it.

  Hide contents

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{
				@LandControl
				{
					@scatters
					{
						@Scatter:HAS[~name[Grass00]]
						{
							%Components
							{
								%ScatterColliders 
								{ 
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

 

I've excluded grass from having colliders, but everything else like boulders, tress and cacti be solid. 

What file do I have to modify?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

What file do I have to modify?

That'd be a MM patch, so you make an arbitrarily-named .cfg somewhere for it to read.

 

7 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Yes, you just have to turn on colliders.  The following should do it.

  Hide contents

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body,*
	{
		@PQS
		{
			@Mods
			{
				@LandControl
				{
					@scatters
					{
						@Scatter:HAS[~name[Grass00]]
						{
							%Components
							{
								%ScatterColliders 
								{ 
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

 

I've excluded grass from having colliders, but everything else like boulders, tress and cacti be solid. 

Would the reverse break anything, do you think? e.g. a "-ScatterColliders" node (if I remember the syntax correctly)

edit: The idea being that I do NOT like ground scatter colliding, especially on bodies with super dense scatter, e.g. Bop

Edited by etmoonshade
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

What file do I have to modify?

You don't need to modify anything.  Just copy and paste the code I gave you to a text file and save it with a .cfg extension.  Then move the file to the GameData folder of your KSP installation.
 

3 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Would the reverse break anything, do you think? e.g. a "-ScatterColliders" node (if I remember the syntax correctly)

You should be able to do the same thing to remove colliders.  But instead of using this, %ScatterColliders, use !ScatterColliders.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OhioBob said:

You should be able to do the same thing to remove colliders.  But instead of using this, %ScatterColliders, use !ScatterColliders.

Grumble. I knew I was getting something wrong with that. I don't write MM configs often, and I think this is the first time I've actually wanted to delete something with MM. Thanks for the correction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not use the method listed by OhioBob above if your intent is related to scatter colliders when using OPM. Outer Planets Mod recently changed all the scatter collider notation to fall in line with Kopernicus default notation (for example, the same used in Gamelinx's mods also) and has all the ground scatter colliders enabled for the OPM bodies by default. Using the above patch will have no positive impact when used with OPM as it will essentially do nothing.

You're better off just using this, @TaintedLion

 

Edited by Poodmund
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using 1.10.1 and this does not work i am using all dependencies and it SAYS its loading while the game is booting up but there's nothing can anyone tell me EXACTLY how to install it properly?

Tell me all about the dependencies to pls

Edited by Minmus Taster
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

I am using 1.10.1 and this does not work i am using all dependencies and it SAYS its loading while the game is booting up but there's nothing can anyone tell me EXACTLY how to install it properly?

Tell me all about the dependencies to pls

Have you installed the 1.10.1 version of Kopernicus Continued from R-T-B's fork on Github?  The version that is listed in the release thread in the forum is version locked to 1.9.1.  There is an 1.10.1 version in early testing version so if you have problems, R-T-B would prefer that you provide feedback there (link below) as Poodmund has stated earlier that he is not currently supporting 1.10.x:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, hemeac said:

Have you installed the 1.10.1 version of Kopernicus Continued from R-T-B's fork on Github?  The version that is listed in the release thread in the forum is version locked to 1.9.1.  There is an 1.10.1 version in early testing version so if you have problems, R-T-B would prefer that you provide feedback there (link below) as Poodmund has stated earlier that he is not currently supporting 1.10.x:

 

Also, install release 6.  The present release has some 1.10.1 specific bugs that sometimes lock up the main menu, which is annoying.  It will be fixed sometime here shortly.

Edited by R-T-B
Link to post
Share on other sites

MY GOD iv installed all the dependencies put the folders in just right and IT STILL WILL NOT BOOT UP could someone please give me some MORE clear instructions on which folder goes where SCREENSHOTS would help!!!;.;

Edit:Like REALLY iv been doing this for awhile now! (Using 1.9.1)

Edited by Minmus Taster
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

MY GOD iv installed all the dependencies put the folders in just right and IT STILL WILL NOT BOOT UP could someone please give me some MORE clear instructions on which folder goes where SCREENSHOTS would help!!!;.;

Edit:Like REALLY iv been doing this for awhile now! (Using 1.9.1)

Off the cuff, you've likely mucked something up with your install - it shouldn't be more complex than installing from CKAN or copying the contents of the zip into GameData. Blow everything away and try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, etmoonshade said:

Off the cuff, you've likely mucked something up with your install - it shouldn't be more complex than installing from CKAN or copying the contents of the zip into GameData. Blow everything away and try again.

Should i use the CTTP that comes with OPM or the one in the link and if i SHOULD use the one in the link what do i do with the CTTP that comes with the OPM?

Edit: Nope STILL does not work and i am not using CKAN that mod makes no sense to me!

Edit NO2: That's it i give up i'm going back to 1.10.1 for now.

Edited by Minmus Taster
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Should i use the CTTP that comes with OPM or the one in the link and if i SHOULD use the one in the link what do i do with the CTTP that comes with the OPM?

Edit: Nope STILL does not work and i am not using CKAN that mod makes no sense to me!

Edit NO2: That's it i give up i'm going back to 1.10.1 for now.

Alas, you obviously read only part of what I said and none of what I linked. If you followed the instructions, it's likely that someone could tell you exactly what's wrong.

People are willing to help those who are willing to help them help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, Minmus Taster said:

MY GOD iv installed all the dependencies put the folders in just right and IT STILL WILL NOT BOOT UP could someone please give me some MORE clear instructions on which folder goes where SCREENSHOTS would help!!!;.;

Edit:Like REALLY iv been doing this for awhile now! (Using 1.9.1)

If you've installed everything correctly, the GameData folder of your KSP installation should include the following:

  • CTTP
  • Kopernicus
  • ModularFlightIntegrator
  • OPM
  • Squad
  • SquadExpansion (if you own any of the DLCs)
  • Module Manager

OPM & CTTP come bundled in the OPM download, and Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator & ModuleManager come bundled in the Kopernicus download.

Make sure the Kopernicus version number matches your KSP version number.  For KSP 1.9.1, use Kopernicus 1.9.1-1.

Quote

Should i use the CTTP that comes with OPM or the one in the link and if i SHOULD use the one in the link what do i do with the CTTP that comes with the OPM?

Use the one that comes with OPM, and do with it as I show above.
 

Edited by OhioBob
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, etmoonshade said:

Alas, you obviously read only part of what I said and none of what I linked. If you followed the instructions, it's likely that someone could tell you exactly what's wrong.

People are willing to help those who are willing to help them help.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!! I am sorry i did not listen to you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...