[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

@Poodmund any idea if this new update will affect any of the many OPM *addons* that are out there? vOv

Such as....?

1 hour ago, Damion Rayne said:

Is it possible to get OPM working in 1.7.3?

Its developed against 1.7.3. With the v2.2.5 update, it won't function on any other version of 1.7.*

Please refer to my post on the previous page:

Please note, this new update uses Kopernicus' new OnDemand functionality so if you are using KSP 1.7.0, 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 this update will not work. If on 1.7.*, you will require 1.7.3 as Kopernicus for this version is the only one that supports this new feature.

If using an older version of KSP i.e. 1.3 or 1.4 etc, please use the latest backport version of Kopernicus available.

Edited by Poodmund

Holy moley, just noticed Kopernicus updated so I can finally add opm binto my playthrough.  Quick question would having the expansions installed interfere with Opm?  I remember with making history some mods not working properly if the expansion was installed.  I mean Im gonna try doing it tonight anyways (after making a backup) but was just wondering if there was anything obvious I needed to be aware of?

On 7/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, Lillz said:

If I install this with astronomers visual pack, all the large outer planets have the same texture as Jool, any suggestions?

1 hour ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

I too have this problem; no idea what's causing it

Why not ask over in the AVP thread?

EDIT: Oh I see you have... well, I guess we'll have to wait for themaster401 to take a look(?)

EDIT EDIT: AVP doesn't just mess up the gas giants, it also turns every OPM body back into the body it is templated on.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I've found the culprit and informed themaster401 of the issue, oh which he will release a hot fix to AVP in due course.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:00 PM, Temeriki said:

Holy moley, just noticed Kopernicus updated so I can finally add opm binto my playthrough.  Quick question would having the expansions installed interfere with Opm?  I remember with making history some mods not working properly if the expansion was installed.  I mean Im gonna try doing it tonight anyways (after making a backup) but was just wondering if there was anything obvious I needed to be aware of?

Having the DLC should have no effect on OPM. It should work all fine and dandy.

Edited by Poodmund

I apologize if this has been answered before, does Sigma Binary still turn Karen Plock into a binary system?

Edit: Nevermind, dug through the configs and found out that it does.

Edited by Spike88

35 minutes ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Hey @Poodmund, installed the hotfix for AVP - while the textures load properly now, the advanced ones seen in OPM-VO don't load at all. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Do they function without AVP installed? If so, then it's probably another issue with how AVP is set up assigning some things.

If they don't work when AVP is uninstalled either, then it is an OPM-VO issue and therefore could you log it as such.

I'm having an issue with OPM. I getting extremely low FPS on the Mun and Duna with OPM installed. I deleted all mods and installed MM, Mechjeb, KER,  and KJRn. With a 34 part ship, Mun orbit 90 FPS, near surface 88 FPS, landed 63 FPS. Then loaded EVE and SVE with high res textures. Same ship, 93 FPS, 87 FPS, 58 FPS. Then loaded OPM and dependencies + custom barn kit. Same ship, 92 FPS, 23 FPS, 7 FPS. I removed just OPM(left Kopernicus, custom barn kit, and CTTP installed). Same ship, 92 FPS, 86 FPS, 46 FPS.

I can duplicate this issue on Duna as well but, Kerbin and Minmus are unaffected. I have tested no other bodies.

All mods were loaded/unloaded with CKAN

Is there something I can tinker with or try?

EDIT: I found my problem. It is with Kopernicus. Apparently, some of the places(like the Mun) don't have oceans defined and Kopernicus gets all weird without that definition. There is a super simple script in the Kopernicus thread that fixes this and brought the landed FPS on the Mun up to 68 FPS.

Edited by AngrybobH

On 8/4/2019 at 5:19 PM, AngrybobH said:

EDIT: I found my problem. It is with Kopernicus. Apparently, some of the places(like the Mun) don't have oceans defined and Kopernicus gets all weird without that definition. There is a super simple script in the Kopernicus thread that fixes this and brought the landed FPS on the Mun up to 68 FPS.

So how about leading us to the solution? Installing OPM also makes the identical crap time on Mün for me. 4 fps.

Just now, lajoswinkler said:

So how about leading us to the solution?

@Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus]
{
    @Body:HAS[@PQS,!Ocean]
    {
        %Ocean
        {
            maxQuadLengthsPerFrame = 0.03
        }
    }
}

Copy and paste that into a notepad (or whatever you use for .txt files). save it as whatereveryouwant.cfg. make a folder in your game data folder for temporary fixes and drop it in there. You will have to delete it once a permanent fix is released for Kopernicus.

15 minutes ago, AngrybobH said:

Copy and paste that into a notepad (or whatever you use for .txt files). save it as whatereveryouwant.cfg. make a folder in your game data folder for temporary fixes and drop it in there. You will have to delete it once a permanent fix is released for Kopernicus.

Sadly, that didn't help. Thanks, nonetheless.

3 hours ago, lajoswinkler said:

Sadly, that didn't help

Try looking in the Kopernicus discussion within the last 4 or so pages(pretty much all about slow downs with Kopernicus). If you are using rescale of any kind it might be something else they were discussion. I don't rescale so I didn't pay attention to that.

6 hours ago, AngrybobH said:

Try looking in the Kopernicus discussion within the last 4 or so pages(pretty much all about slow downs with Kopernicus). If you are using rescale of any kind it might be something else they were discussion. I don't rescale so I didn't pay attention to that.

I do use latest Kopernicus because I use two custom planetary bodies (Realistic Ascension and Ablate from Sentar expansion). Problem only occurs when I install Outer planets. I don't understand it.