[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any other packs that coincide directly with OPM/Extrasolar? I know there are plenty of other stock systems, but are there any made specifically to go alongside this duo? Other star systems or other bodies/objects around Kerbol/Valentine?

EDIT: Question answered.

Edited by BuckStickly

• 2 weeks later...

So I have this weird issue with OPM. Idk if it is an issue as much as a just... thing? So Sarnus's rings flicker. Here is my Game Data:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UxQ_v2vs6S39-BLRq_p85wCdWrd3J44H?usp=sharing

Here is a video with it: (skip to 4:46)
https://youtu.be/2ILJDmhd2ec

Also some other info is that it goes away when using physical time warp.

edit: I forgot to mention that this was an issue with my 1.10 save file, I can get the gameData folder from that in the morning, sorry for the confusion.

Edited by DanDucky

Anyone know why the eva science will not work on thatmo and tekto? Atmosphere? I forget if it works on laythe but I know it works on the surface of all OPM mods except thatmo and tekto. I am using rescale but doubt that would have any effect. 

6DxqNrF.png

Edit: I found the issue.  I am not sure why smashing the banana requires no atmosphere but with some testing I might figure it out. 

EVASITUATION
        {            
            priority = 2
            situationMask = 1
            minTemp = 170
            kerbalAction = PlayGolf
            resultString = #autoLOC_6002545 //#autoLOC_6002545 = Initial testing of off-world 0 atmosphere sporting possibility is a go - not only do the ball flight characteristics allow for some spectacular shots, but the crowd can cheer or boo as much as it wants, with no impact on the players.
            resultString = #autoLOC_6002566 //#autoLOC_6002566 = As the ball arcs off into the distance you observe the ballet of physics between the applied force and the bodies gravity. Our scientists will rejoice at the results...\n\n...and hopefully agree that the 6 iron was great club selecti
            resultString = #autoLOC_6002567 //#autoLOC_6002567 = You smoked that one right down the middle... I mean conducted some very effective science on the effect of lever arm force to a small spherical object.\n\nIf only Alan Kerman could see you now! 
        }
        EVASITUATION
        {
            situationMask = 1
            requiresNoAtmosphere = True
            maxTemp = 170
            kerbalAction = Banana
            resultString = #autoLOC_6002546 //#autoLOC_6002546 = Rigorous testing of new low-temperature snack technology did not go as well as planned, and deserves further study.   
            resultString = #autoLOC_6002547 //#autoLOC_6002547 = Cryogenic banana experiments have proved successful, but we're still lacking EVA suit micro-airlocks to truly take advantage of your tests.
        }

Edited by dave1904

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Last time I heard, Kopernicus currently disabled Comets from spawning. @R-T-B would be able to confirm otherwise.

No wonder I haven't been seeing comets for a while. From the release notes a few versions back: 8.) Kopernicus Asteroid Generator support no longer generates comets, which were being spawned in a buggy way anyhow. Use an external mod if you want these for now.

Any good suggestions? KerbalKomets is out of date now. Custom Asteroids seems like it might be a good bet, or at least worth a look.

I think I may be having a visual problem with this mod. Are all the planets beyond Sarnus along with all their moons meant to be pitch black? Even on the sunlit sides?

I'm running the 2.2.9 version on CKAN for KSP 1.10.1. I have some visual enhancement mods running. Here's a screenshot of my GameData folder:

gamedata.png

And here's a screenshot of what Urlum looks like in the Tracking Station:

Kerbal-Space-Program-21-04-2021-22-06-06

It looks exactly the same in-game. Bodies without atmosphere are completely dark.

Edited by NoXion

14 hours ago, NoXion said:

I think I may be having a visual problem with this mod. Are all the planets Urlum and Neidon along with all their moons meant to be pitch black? Even on the sunlit sides?

I'm running the 2.2.9 version on CKAN for KSP 1.10.1. I have some visual enhancement mods running. Here's a screenshot of my GameData folder:

gamedata.png

And here's a screenshot of what Urlum looks like in the Tracking Station:

Kerbal-Space-Program-21-04-2021-22-06-06

It looks exactly the same in-game. Bodies without atmosphere are completely dark.

I think I know the problem.
If you have any mod that is part of visual enhancements, you should remove it.
So that the rest of the planets can have the visual improvements you must have only EVE, and Scatterer as dependencies for AVP.
AVP offers support for OPM, although I am not aware of the situation with SVE. I suppose it should work the same as AVP, even if it does, just put EVE Scatterer on.

22 minutes ago, luisitoISS said:

I think I know the problem.
If you have any mod that is part of visual enhancements, you should remove it.
So that the rest of the planets can have the visual improvements you must have only EVE, and Scatterer as dependencies for AVP.
AVP offers support for OPM, although I am not aware of the situation with SVE. I suppose it should work the same as AVP, even if it does, just put EVE Scatterer on.

Your suggestion is a good one, but I was hoping to avoid having to do that because I didn't want to go through the hassle of going through all the visual mods to see which one is screwing things up. As it happens, I resigned myself to doing that in lieu of a quick fix, and it turned out that the very first mod I chose to remove was the one responsible. Apparently Scatterer by blackrack doesn't play nice with OPM. Shame really, because it really does make atmospheres more realistic looking.

@NoXion The two things that stand out to me is that you're running an older version of KSP and that we don't know what version of Kopernicus you're using - it may not be the right one, Kopernicus' recent development history is a bit complicated. If you post your KSP logs we can take a look, but if I were in your shoes I would also look into upgrading everything (KSP and mods).

And if I were to uninstall anything on that list as 'likely to cause unexpected problems' I would first go for TweakScale, DistantObject, TextureReplacer, WarpPlugin, and PlanetShine.