[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

I don't know about the scatters, sorry. I'm still too early in my career game to make it to OPM bodies. That said, I do know that the original OPM Parallax configs would cause issues with Kopernicus when used with Parallax 2.0. That has been fixed in the updated configs, so that's why I said it was compatible. Sorry for any confusion!

2 hours ago, Markodds said:

I think there is something wrong with comets in this mod. They dont seem to spawn/appear when the OPM is installed. Has anyone else had this issue?

OPM requires Kopernicus, and Kopernicus turns comets off.  If you want comets you need to use the stock asteroid generator (which supports comets), rather than the Kopernicus asteroid generator (which does not support comets).  Find the file Kopernius/Config/Kopernicus_Config.cfg.  Open the file and find the setting UseKopernicusAsteroidSystem.  Change UseKopernicusAsteroidSystem from equal to True to equal to Stock and save.

• 1 month later...

Having issues after installing this mod. Game gets stuck on the black loading screen. Game worked perfectly fine before.

Folders nested in GameData folder (bolded mods are new since last launch): 

000_ClickThroughBlocker
001_ToolbarControl

B9PartSwitch
BetterTimeWarpContinued-2.3.13
BoulderCo
Community ResourcePack
CyroTanks
DeployableEngines
DynamicBatteryStorage
EditorExtensionsRedux
Extras
FarFutureTechnologies
HeatControl
Kopernicus-1.12.1-139
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureContruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureExploration
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
Outer-Planets-Mod-2.2.10
Parallax_StockTextures
PlanetShine
RealExoplanets
REX-Textures
SCANsat
Scatterer
ScattererAtmosphereCache
SpaceDust
Squad
SquadExpsansion
StationPartsExpansionRedux
StockWaterfallEffects
SVTv2.2.0
SystemHeat
Waterfall
WildBlueIndustries

Log (Page crashes if I paste here sorry): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rjNHp0zGLCTNO7wCQ3BK4VqHELB64Ovz/view?usp=sharing 

You have multiple versions of Module Manager installed:

• ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll 
  • ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll 
  • ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll 
  • ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll 

You should resolve this problem.

You have also installed Kopernicus and Outer Planets Mod incorrectly as I see you have folders named "Kopernicus-1.12.1-139" and "Outer-Planets-Mod-2.2.10". I suggest that if you struggle to install mods correctly for KSP, you either follow this guide to install the mods manually: 

Or even better, you use a tool such as CKAN to handle the installation of these mods for you:

Your issue is not an issue with Outer Planets Mod, its an issue with not understanding the install process of KSP mods. If you require further assistance, I would like to direct you to this sub-forum where members will be able to help you through this process: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/70-technical-support-pc-modded-installs/

Edited by Poodmund

• 4 weeks later...

Im not too sure as to what went wrong and broke but i had this working then i was configuring some KK Statics and when i was done i noticed that all planets past Sarnus had vanished and the planets orbiting around Sarnus was there but i was unable to focus on them. Havent got the slightest idea as to what i have done or installed to break it but heres my log 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/939249946027245585/1043097786436046859/KSP.log

Edit: Removed Research Bodies and Contract Configurator and the Outer Planets returned as well as the other system, very strange

Edited by xD-FireStriker

6 hours ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Im not too sure as to what went wrong and broke but i had this working then i was configuring some KK Statics and when i was done i noticed that all planets past Sarnus had vanished and the planets orbiting around Sarnus was there but i was unable to focus on them. Havent got the slightest idea as to what i have done or installed to break it but heres my log 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/939249946027245585/1043097786436046859/KSP.log

Edit: Removed Research Bodies and Contract Configurator and the Outer Planets returned as well as the other system, very strange

With Research Bodies, some bodies are hidden until you discover them.  It looks like OPM is configured so that Sarnus is known from the start, Eeloo is known at the easy and normal settings, and everything else in OPM is unknown.  I suspect this to be your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

can this be installed in a pre-existing game without complete game breakage? This is the first planet pack I've ever considered using so not sure how they work.

Yes it can. The only thing that OPM really effects is Eeloo, so if you don’t have anything there it should be fine.

Yep, as above, Eeloo gets moved. The only other thing you might want to consider is that as a handful of new bodies are introduced to the game there is a lot more opportunities to gather science points, so that may make a difference to the progression 'feel' of your game.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:45 PM, TaintedLion said:

Are there any configs for Parallax 2.0? Also is there any way to get this scaled up to 2.5x?

I can answer the second half - get Sigma Dimensions from Sigma88's github, install it, and get the Rescale! mod from CKAN for whatever resize you want.

Note that Sigma Dimensions is old and janky - it's possible to get it to work in 1.12.4, but no guarantees. Take a look at the Github issues - I've posted more than a few problems over there. :D

For what it's worth, I actually use Sigma Dimensions, RESCALE! 10.625x, and OPM, and it's working okay for me so far (though I haven't traveled to the outer planets yet.)

This is a great mod, when I installed KSP I did not like the stock system but I didn’t want to get RSS so I got this mod and have been playing it since. If I’m being honest, this is one of the best mods. Is there any way you could add Parallax 2.0 support?

• 3 weeks later...