[1.3.1 - 1.12.x] Outer Planets Mod [v2.2.10] [3rd Jan 2022]

Poodmund

14 hours ago, XenonMax said:

Are you thinking of adding anything to the mod?

Like... ?

8 hours ago, tsaven said:

It's been said before that aside from compatibility fixes and patches, OPM is considered feature-complete and will likely not be expanded in the future.  There's plenty of other crazy planet packs out there if you want continued challenges of new worlds to explore.

However... if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to table them here on as issues on the GitHub repository. It doesn't mean they will get implemented by suggesting them but it can always open discourse for consideration.

56 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Like... ?

However... if you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to table them here on as issues on the GitHub repository. It doesn't mean they will get implemented by suggesting them but it can always open discourse for consideration.

I believe that everybody is hoping for surface features on OPM bodies ;) If you consider adding new features to OPM (not just maintaining it), then probably I will open the appropriate thread on github. Also - now when Eeloo got surface features, is OPM compatibile with 1.7.1? OPM modifies Eeloo by adding craters, so...

Edited by Walker

I agree with Walker. Surface features would be nice. One of the reasons I love this mod is because it feels like it's part of  the vanilla game, not a mod. Would be a shame if these planets weren't quite as feature-rich as the stock planets.

1 hour ago, Astatine85 said:

Are there any plans for making OPM compatible with "Final frontier" by adding ribbons for it?

Those existed but I can't find them anywhere on the forums. 

I got them from a past version still, so they definitely existed.

If they are in the OPM folder, just move them into the Final Frontier folder.

Other planet mods don't need that little maneuver such as Extrasolar for example, but If I remember OPM does.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

1 hour ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Other planet mods don't need that little maneuver such as Extrasolar for example, but If I remember OPM does.

Do you have the files still? I couldn't find any sort of ribbons in the OPM folder

2 hours ago, XenonMax said:

I was actually thinking that Neidon could use some more moons, it always felt kinda empty compared to the other gas giants.

That's because Neptune IRL has fewer moons compared to the other gas giants

5 hours ago, Astatine85 said:

Are there any plans for making OPM compatible with "Final frontier" by adding ribbons for it?

4 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

In the mod download .zip, open the folder, 'Optional Mods' and the Final Frontier ribbons are included in there if you wish to use them.

With regards to extra bodies, probably not. Surface features would have to be something that Kopernicus would be able to integrate into the game and as far as I am aware, Kopernicus has no plans to integrate itself with any DLC content. If there is another way, in the future, that these could potentially be added then maybe but until that time it is not possible.

Also, you guys all realise that pretty much all the OPM bodies all have ground scatter enabled for them?

9 hours ago, bgeery said:

AVC keeps telling me there is a OPM version 2.2.5, but following the AVC github link only shows 2.2.4.  Where is the current version?  Thx.

I will be pushing a 2.2.5 update soon but I just wanted to ensure that any development of Kopernicus for 1.7.1 is resolved beforehand as there was a lot of activity in this regard yesterday.

58 minutes ago, BlueZed said:

Hi there, could someone please provide suggested phase and ejection angles for the Outer Planets? Thank you.

This mod should work with any custom planets, according to the devs. And while it hasn't been updated in a while, it should still work fine with 1.7.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, Poodmund said:

I will be pushing a 2.2.5 update soon but I just wanted to ensure that any development of Kopernicus for 1.7.1 is resolved beforehand as there was a lot of activity in this regard yesterday.

To expand on this, the update I plan to push out next will not function on KSP 1.7.0 as it will include changes that Kopernicus has implemented in its 1.7.1-* releases. It will however function on the latest Kopernicus backports for 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1 & 1.6.1.

Some changes are required to KSP-AVC and CKAN before I can handle this behaviour properly to limit people from installing the update with KSP 1.7.0 through CKAN or otherwise... and to avoid this issue arising I am stalling pushing the update until this time.

You can see the issue and discussion regarding this over on the KSP-AVC thread.

@Poodmund So, my reading comprehension may be off, but I read that as meaning, current version works on 1.7.0, back to 1.3.1, (using appropriate vers. of Kop, of course...)

and *next* version will work on 1.7.1, *not 1.7.0*, but *will* from 1.6.1 to 1.3.1...?

so basically current version will be the last ever, for 1.7.0?... vOv

Correct. 

It is due to the 1.7.1 versions of Kopernicus using new syntax for the OnDemand texture loading and that was only added on Kopernicus 1.7.1-1 onwards. This change gets backported to the 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1 and 1.6.1 versions of Kopernicus but not to Kopernicus for the KSP version 1.7.0... so yeah... your understanding was correct.

I want to make sure, that before I push the update out, that any user that doesn't read this forum will not update the mod without knowing about this issue so I will wait for AVC and CKAN to implement new behaviour before I push. Hopefully it won't be *too* long.

Edited by Poodmund

Do you think you could add rings to Urlum that are on their side like Uranus in real life? Sorry if they are already in. I haven’t played this in a while

Edited by Kjonde564
I forgot to add an apology if the thing I suggested already exists