How to obtain Badges

HyperDraco

Hello,

As you may know I am not a newbie to KSP itself.

But the forums, that's a whole nother story.

I made have a few posts and submissions for some Challenges and many pleas for help.

This is one of them.

My question is how do you get a badge like the K-Prize badge, My Craft on Kerbal X and those ones that look like this:

egsOLnf.png

Can someone also post a link for the challenges that these are featured in?

And yes, I have found the thread for the K-Prize but don't know how to obtain it.

I have posted a few crafts on Kerbal X in my Kerbal X account (so I should qualify for the My Craft On Kerbal X badge.)

And have built a few SSTOs so I should also qualify for the K-Prize (After I post the proof of the voyage, of course).

But still contrasting my ability to successfully crash the game easily, skillfully and professionally, I am still a 'new guy' here.

plz help

Note: I am aware that you place these in your signature.

Welcome to the forum @HyperDraco.

You should read the rules of any challenge carefully before you attempt it. Once you have completed a challenge you should post in the challenge thread with evidence of your success and wait while your entry is scrutinized. If there are no issues with your entry you should be awarded the badge.

You can add the KerbalX 'badge' to your signature right now. It isn't a reward for any challenge and most members use the image to link to their KerbalX hangar.

Ah, Thank you 

And if you are aware of the challenge that provides the undertaker with this badge:

egsOLnf.png

Please inform me of the name of the challenge.

And when you complete the challenge and your entry is accepted, how does one receive the badge? 

Does one just take it and add it or do they Message you?

Edit:

I did it :D

I added the Kerbal X Badge!

woot

Edited by HyperDraco

I'm sorry, I don't know where that badge is from.

17 minutes ago, HyperDraco said:

And when you complete the challenge and your entry is accepted, how does one receive the badge? 

You should wait until the original poster, or an authorized person in the thread says you have earned it, at that point if the badge is posted in the thread you are free to add it to your signature. In some challenges you may receive a personal message awarding you the badge.

50 minutes ago, James Kerman said:

I'm sorry, I don't know where that badge is from.

You should wait until the original poster, or an authorized person in the thread says you have earned it, at that point if the badge is posted in the thread you are free to add it to your signature. In some challenges you may receive a personal message awarding you the badge.

Alright,

Thank you so much for your valuable help.

Edited by HyperDraco

8 hours ago, HyperDraco said:

As someone who has posted challenges and who has designed challenge badges, I'd like to provide you some insight to your questions:

• Not every challenge has a signature badge. It all depends on the original poster.
  • There are many challenges on the forum which, over the years, have fallen away and are no longer maintained. There'd be no way to be awarded a badge once you've achieved the goals of the challenge.
  • Some posters have elected to include the image on the original post (OP). These challenges are done by the "honor" system. You post your required information and screen captures proving you have completed the challenge. Right click on the image of the badge, then click "copy link" and post it in your signature as you would a regular image.
  • Some posters have elected to send the link to the image in a private message (PM) to prevent folks from displaying the badge they didn't earn.

The image you've shared is from a website called "Kerbaltek Aerospace" and is based on the honor system. Go onto the site, tell it what you've achieved, and then it gives you a url link to your custom ribbon board.

There's one last option but it is for your Kermen. It's a mod called "Final Frontier". It not only awards your Kermen for their achievements, bravery, and stupidity, but it also tracks them. There are several add-on ribbon packs, plus the Outer Planets Mod also has more ribbons which are awarded and tracked by Final Frontier. Here's the mod's OP: