What is one random fact about your self

VictoryNeverFail

I have never had a dental cavity.

In fact, I have all 32 teeth correctly deployed! Even the annoying ones at the back that most ppl need to have extracted in their late teens.

I don't actually take any unusually good care of my teeth even. Truth be told, most dentists would probably say I'm alarmingly sloppy...

Oh well... 

bonus random fact:

I (and others) once concocted a sort of home-brew Napalm. We did it by dissolving Styrofoam in petrol until it became a pinkish sticky goo-type substance. 

Once ignited, this curious ooze combusted quite slowly, excreting an abominable smell and continued to burn for well over 5 minutes.

We had made about a liter or so of it. - My friend still has the alien-looking black gnarled rock that was left when the fire finally went out.

We call it "The Napalm Rock".

DO NOT attempt this at home! Or if you do, at least don't tell where you got such a stupid idea.

Edited by Moach

Hi all

Moach wrote

I have never had a dental cavity.

In fact, I have all 32 teeth correctly deployed! Even the annoying ones at the back that most ppl need to have extracted in their late teens.

You are one of those annoying people with oral bacteria that doesn't produce folic (I think!) acid, which is what damages tooth enamel. You do realize you just got 99.99% of the people on Earth (and probably a few million Kerbals too), extremely annoyed with you. Some, perhaps, even hatefully annoyed. 

My random fact about my teeth, I had an extra one. When my adult teeth sprouted I got an extra canine (I think that is the proper term) on the upper left quadrant. By the time I was 17 it had to go because it (1) becoming painful, and (2) getting in the way of my tongue, making it sound like I had a speech impediment. 

Random KSP related fact about me: I've only EVER managed to land on the runway at KSC ONCE. And it was relatively recently, after hundreds of hours of play and dozens of landings in all sorts of crazy terrain (I once managed to 'land' an aircraft with some science experiments on the top of the mountains near KSC - it was a good landing in that Val got to walk away from it - it was not a very good landing because the cockpit and the science experiments were about all that survived the landing ;-) .

Anyway, take care.

Orc

13 hours ago, Moach said:

I (and others) once concocted a sort of home-brew Napalm. We did it by dissolving Styrofoam in petrol until it became a pinkish sticky goo-type substance.

Sorry to break it to you, but that recipe has been around for at least 45 years. I first encountered it in an early (late 1970s IIRC) version of "The Anarchists Cookbook", a somewhat notorious collection of things that are unwise which has been circulating on the internet since the days of dialup BBS.

Random fact: I often clean engine parts in the kitchen sink - where others keep detergent, I have a can of Brakleen. My bedroom contains a drill-press.

As for teeth, seemingly the primary topic of discussion here (uhh, why?), mine work pretty well, despite being somewhat worn and thoroughly chipped. Teeth are no substitute for the correct spanner folks, no matter how tempted you are to "just see how tight it is".
They do make rather effective wire-strippers though, especially if one has a sharp nice notch somewhere.

Edited by steve_v

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

As for teeth, seemingly the primary topic of discussion here (uhh, why?), mine work pretty well

1 hour ago, steve_v said:

Random fact: I often clean engine parts in the kitchen sink - where others keep detergent, I have a can of Brakleen. My bedroom contains a drill-press.

Spoiler

95827e14fd44e8a1299a0988e975b1d3.jpg

5 hours ago, steve_v said:

My bedroom contains a drill-press.

While mine does not, I would not be particularly mad if it did. That being said, I have on occasion contemplated moving my bed to the workshop.

Edited by Shpaget

On 8/14/2019 at 3:32 PM, Shpaget said:

While mine does not, I would not be particularly mad if it did. That being said, I have on occasion contemplated moving my bed to the workshop.

Mine doesn't either, but I dont have drill press. Sometimes wish I did though.

It did however slowly collect tools... Largest thing last time I checked was a cordless drill. That or the hacksaw.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.