Kerbal Space Program: Breaking Ground Expansion - Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

On 6/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, Tapeta said:

You can have only one color of the suit light for gender. By default it is orange color.

see following video by Inter's Odyssey:

I'm not that familiar with module development, but doesn't this look like a perfect case for righting a color choosing module?

by the way, can anyone help me on this MM patch to change the color?

Edited by Jiraiyah

On a Side note, Anyone has any idea why this is not working?

0Ia1ode.png

I have an emissive texture, as you can see, I added some icons in two or three places that ARE working properly, but the two I marked with red box is not lighting up !

jDXV1yz.png

As I said, the other places are behaving but these two places are not !

On 6/2/2019 at 7:52 PM, Tapeta said:

You can have only one color of the suit light for gender. By default it is orange color.

see following video by Inter's Odyssey:

Why isn't this working for me? Even when i change the files inside the squad expansion folder, the color does not change on the light at all !

Scratch the video above, the suit has color setting in it, not sure why i didn't notice it by now.

g2Z4RXn.png

Still not sure why part of the imissive texture is not working, specially the section that is on helmet is not reading the values from the texture i have in texture replacer folder. can this be a problem from texture replacer itself?

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 8 months later...
On 6/11/2019 at 7:27 PM, mkosmo said:

Has anybody seen this?  Having freshly downloaded KSP 1.7.1 and Breaking Ground 1.0.0, I'm getting an error: "You are running a version of KSP that its not compatible with the Breaking Ground Expansion, please go to the KSP Store and download the 1.7.2 version or above."

mNSEttb.png

WsKOxU7.png

Strangely, you'll notice that the setup title is v1.1.0, though.

Was some kind of mistake made recently in the distribution?

I note that this reply is significantly later than the original post but I am seeing this now in October of 2020 must be a common/persistent issue...anyways think I have a fix...

I just had the same problem and made a fix/"hack" that appears to work, for me at least. Here's what I'm working with and what I did to fix. The latest KSP as of the time I'm writing this is 1.9.1 and using the Breaking Ground version 1.5.1 when I attempted to install I got the same error as above. I noticed even upon uninstalling and reinstalling the game the error persists which was strange. I figured it was some sort of older holdover registry setting or something causing it but looks to be local to the install from what I can tell. What I noticed is that the Launcher was reading an older version at launch (can't remember the number now). I edited the file so inconspicuously named buildID64.txt in the root location where KSP is installed. This file now looks like for me:

[config]
build id = 02939
2020.02.21 at 06:48:38 PST
Branch: master
language = en-us
distribution name = Store

Specifically you should note that build id = 02939 is the build ID that matches what BUILD version shows when loading the launcher (without the leading 0), changing from what it had to what it has now appeared to work for me. I am using a mods with KIS, KAS and the Kerbal Planetary Base Attachment System, so maybe one of those is the culprit... Please let me know if anyone else has success with this fix/"hack".

Edited by KillSwitchX

• 1 month later...

I love the ksp breaking ground expansion 10/10.

It did most things very well.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, Jiraiyah said:

On a Side note, Anyone has any idea why this is not working?

0Ia1ode.png

I have an emissive texture, as you can see, I added some icons in two or three places that ARE working properly, but the two I marked with red box is not lighting up !

jDXV1yz.png

As I said, the other places are behaving but these two places are not !

That is quite odd. I mean I have no idea what I am talking about but, maybe the light texture wasn't but in the right folder?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have been having trouble with the deployed experiments. I deploy the experiment manager or whatever, pretty much every thing that involves the deployed science. The most solar panels/RTGs together I have used is around 7. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

16 minutes ago, Fletch4 said:

I have been having trouble with the deployed experiments. I deploy the experiment manager or whatever, pretty much every thing that involves the deployed science. The most solar panels/RTGs together I have used is around 7. Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Make sure you're deploying them correctly - you can't deploy them through the new EVA construction mode, you have to put them in your kerbal's inventory and click the tiny white icon at the bottom left of the inventory slot. Also make sure you're deploying the parts with the right Kerbal profession - you need an engineer to deploy the central station and power parts, but you need a scientist for the experiments.

7 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Make sure you're deploying them correctly - you can't deploy them through the new EVA construction mode, you have to put them in your kerbal's inventory and click the tiny white icon at the bottom left of the inventory slot. Also make sure you're deploying the parts with the right Kerbal profession - you need an engineer to deploy the central station and power parts, but you need a scientist for the experiments.

did that. still doesn't work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I found something kind of funny on Tylo that seems to be part of the environment skin and I wondered if anyone else had noticed anything like it. It seems to be a small sprocket assembly of some kind. You can't interact with it, as far as I could tell. This was in the Grissom crater at approximately 6d 37' 27'' N, 34d 59' 0'' E. I'm playing the stock game plus DLCs.

sMe2TO8.png

• 2 weeks later...